Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Recent fixes and upgrades

Old 06-05-2012, 02:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recent fixes and upgrades

Well, the oil leak and transfer case leaks got bad enough that i decided to take it in for service. While it was in, i had a few other nagging issues taken care of, and ended up with the following:

Mopar performance headers (stocks were both cracked and loose enough to rattle)-receipt says JBA performance manifold kit- is that the same as mopar? It seems to increase the engine compartment temp a lot. (Worried about important stuff melting and exhaust melting the evap can leading to a fire) any advice?
Centerforce dual friction clutch
Replaced track bar heim, sway bar heims, and flca bushings (they seemed fine, but the noise is gone, so...)
Alignment
Screamin demon tune up kit plugs and wires
Coolant flush
Removed and resealed transfer case half seals (the shop that replaced my rear driveshaft didn't torque it correctly)
Resealed both oil pans and replaced front crankshaft seal
Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Well, the oil leak and transfer case leaks got bad enough that i decided to take it in for service. While it was in, i had a few other nagging issues taken care of, and ended up with the following:

Mopar performance headers (stocks were both cracked and loose enough to rattle)-receipt says JBA performance manifold kit- is that the same as mopar? It seems to increase the engine compartment temp a lot. (Worried about important stuff melting and exhaust melting the evap can leading to a fire) any advice?
Centerforce dual friction clutch
Replaced track bar heim, sway bar heims, and flca bushings (they seemed fine, but the noise is gone, so...)
Alignment
Screamin demon tune up kit plugs and wires
Coolant flush
Removed and resealed transfer case half seals (the shop that replaced my rear driveshaft didn't torque it correctly)
Resealed both oil pans and replaced front crankshaft seal
That must have cost a fortune!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

How are you liking that clutch?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eumel789

That must have cost a fortune!
It definitely did, but I haven't put much into maintenance other than fluid changes, and with the lift and 5.5 years and 100k miles, some of it was overdue.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Liking the clutch, it seemed a little noisy the first day, but its great now, an so easy to push on!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
It definitely did, but I haven't put much into maintenance other than fluid changes, and with the lift and 5.5 years and 100k miles, some of it was overdue.
Very true! Glad to hear that it held up well all this time

Quick Reply: Recent fixes and upgrades