Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rear winch mounted bumper

Old 11-18-2009, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear winch mounted bumper

hello im kinda in the market for a rear bumper and would like a nwinch mounted to it is the Smuggler Rear Winch Mount Bumper by Olympic the only one out their also , anyone running with one, if so is it worth the $1400
Old 11-18-2009, 11:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMP8562
hello im kinda in the market for a rear bumper and would like a nwinch mounted to it is the Smuggler Rear Winch Mount Bumper by Olympic the only one out their also , anyone running with one, if so is it worth the $1400
As far as bumpers I think the Smuggler is it. I remeber reading that someone (AEV I think) made a winch mount that would mount between the frame rails in the back, but it requires relocation of the exhaust.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that River Raider is the name you're looking for. That sounds a lot like their rear mount winch setup.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red Rock Fab also makes a rear winch bumper.

JD
Old 11-19-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

I think I'm going to make my own, it seems easy enough if you relocate the muffler.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robin
I think I'm going to make my own, it seems easy enough if you relocate the muffler.
At least until you have to clean it

You're right though...it shouldn't be that difficult in the grand scheme of things.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2 on the river raider bumper, ive seen it on the river raider jeep in person its awesome
Old 11-19-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Junkie

You could just do a winch like this and then you can just take it on and off as needed. It will also let you pick the bumper that you like the best.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Littlejon
You could just do a winch like this and then you can just take it on and off as needed. It will also let you pick the bumper that you like the best.

yeah, but another member just posted something about this and the spare is definitely in the way, so have to remove it, or swing the door or tire carrier open and keep it open during the recovery.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jfreeddo
yeah, but another member just posted something about this and the spare is definitely in the way, so have to remove it, or swing the door or tire carrier open and keep it open during the recovery.
I have more than the 10" of clearance needed between the stock reciever and stock tire. I guess it would all depend on tire size and the bumper used. I would be willing to guess most any carrier using the stock reciever and a tire less than 35" would work. You may run into issues with bumpers mounting the receiver into the bumper.

Quick Reply: Rear winch mounted bumper