Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rear view Mirriow with a twist

Old 12-18-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Well, it is definately bigger than I initially imagined... lol. Boy can I really see behind me. Much better than stock and with the 170 degree field of view, I have fewer blind spot. More importantly, I will be able to see kids or other small jewels that's hiding back there. But I do like it and glad I did it

Pros: fewer blind spots, wider view, works at night, can quickly be put on and off, have forward view.
negatives are: big, pixelated, and long distance is harder to see.
Where did you mount the camera? Was it a license plate frame mount?
Old 12-18-2014, 06:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
So would it be cheating if I point a camera on the front axle facing forward for rock crawling?
No. From my experience it was horrible... It would be 10x better to put one looking at each tire. I did a fornt axle mount and found it never looking where i needed and it made me worse by u sing it. Better of just learning where your tires are.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing I would be curious about is how is splash up on the camera? Driving in the wet the back and rear window get hard to see out of (luckily there is a wiper for hardtops), is your camera location in a place that you can see clearly out of it in wet weather driving?
Old 12-18-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally had it under the spare tire but head lights really made it tough to see at night. I moved it above the tire and that really helped. What I really need is a better quality camera. The new camera I purchased is much better than the one that comes with the mirror, but it is still not good enough. I am going to do my home work on quality camera's.

If you are looking at them, I would suggest you get a mirror that reflects and has a display so you get the best of both worlds.

As for forward view, the camera that came with the screen is crap and I don't have 170 degree view like the new one I purchased so my view is limited. I can't see my tire and agree it won't help if I can't see my tire placement.

Quick Reply: Rear view Mirriow with a twist