Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rear storage

Old 03-26-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a bunch of stuff from these guys

.springtailsolutions.com[/url]

Last edited by mkjeep; 04-08-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Please refrain from posting direct links to companies who are not sponsors of Project-JK.com.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gajeep
i have a bunch of stuff from these guys

springtailsolutions.com[/url]

I like the gate mount, i have been looking for something like that to mount a shovel and axe.

Keep the pics coming guys, some nice set ups so far!

Last edited by mkjeep; 04-08-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

My only concern is storing the rovery gear in the rear that is only accessible if the tailgate is open. I see the situation of needing gear when the rear is buried.

It's nice to have acess to the straps, shovel, and hi-lift from any stuck situation. Something to ponder.

LeftHandDrive NICE rig!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default Power Locks?

I have power locks. If my top is off, what would stop a person from just reaching in and onlocking my doors/tailgate and then having access to my trunk? Is there a way to make the tailgate ignore the switches on the doors and only work with the actual key, or wireless?

Sam
Old 04-08-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red Rock Sam
I have power locks. If my top is off, what would stop a person from just reaching in and onlocking my doors/tailgate and then having access to my trunk? Is there a way to make the tailgate ignore the switches on the doors and only work with the actual key, or wireless?

Sam
I dont know about yours but with mine if my Jeep is locked and and the key is not in it you cant reach into the jeep and unlock the doors with the automatic locks. Without the key you cant get into the back.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Red Rock Sam

Sam
There is a delay feature on the locks. Once you lock the doors they become disabled after a few seconds (maybe 30) so you have to have the keys to unlock instead of using the swtich.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:24 AM
JK Junkie

I built my own shelf in the back as i could not bring myself to pay for one. This is v.2, the first was taller and more narrow, which I did not like. I rebuilt it and after I had the fit right, I painted it with outdoor paint to give it a little protection, then covered it with auto carpet so it fit the interior. I've since added removeable sides that place any access to the space as I go about 6 months without doors and have times when I need to leave things in the Jeep. I know you can lower the back seat and gain access (I wanted to be able to haul longer items if needed), but I figure out of sight, out of mind and I never leave anything overnight ar at high risk locations.

Here's a view of the inside. The rear legs (towards fron of the vehicle) are attaced the rear seat mouning points for stability, though it's a very tight fit and did not move before doing that. I only attached it for times when the rear seat is down.

Here you can see the mounting points I added. I can fit two large Action Packers on the top perfectly. The roll bar stops them in the front and they fit with the rear window on.

One thing I've done
Old 04-28-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went from the trunk, to a wooden box, to Tuffy's full enclosure. These pics are basic (trust me , I'd rather be in the Rockies with a cute blonde), but it holds all my bugout gear, toolbag, recovery gear, spare parts, warm clothing, air comp, a big tupperware bin (spare plugs, filters, etc.), a large ammo box (spare fluids, cables, etc)
Tuffy is awesome! I have their console, too

Old 12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love the smittybilt tailgate gear for my recovery gear, firstaid, shovel, flashlight and than I built a fully sealed fake floor/lockbox for any valuables, ammo, survival gear that also hides a 10" sealed sub. Love the function/lockability, looks and have tunes to go with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3344531405.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	246933   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1052550969.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	246934  
Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts