Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rear ended by a Honda

Old 01-24-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got rear ended in my jk last year by a gmc 1500. i was sitting at a stop light and he hit me at like 30 mph, his front end was mangled and i had a scratch on my spare rim. the cop asked me if i was involved in the accedent when he showed up. lol great.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by REDR0CKJK
No... I'm not exaggerating... I was doin like 50 or so and they said he was in excess of 100... So no.. sorry for the lack of specific details....
In your original thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/08-4-door-jk-%7Evs%7E-drunk-durango-26464/ you said he was going 85mph and you were going 50mph which would really only translate to a 35 mph collision which is actually pretty substantial but nothing compared to an actual impact of 100mph. I'm a collision tech thats already worked on several JK's hit like this and just looking at the pictures you had posted before I can tell it wasn't much more than a 30mph impact. If this would have been an actual impact of 100mph + by a Durango your JK would be about half of its original length, the doors would probably be blown off and I can't even imagine what shape you and the occupants would be in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to minimize your accident in any way but as I deal with wrecks everyday I can tell you that at your speed of 50mph the guy who rearended you would have to be going over 150mph in order for it to be a 100mph + collision. My point being pretty much nobody survives an actual 100mph + collision because regardless of what happens to your appendeges your brain keeps moving for a millisecond while your body remains stationary which pretty much turns your branin into a gray slushy. Just look at what happened to Dale Earnhardt...
Old 09-19-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got hit in the school parking lot. a good friend saw it and called me. she had driven off but I had no damage but a 1 inch long scratch. her car was dented wu bad and then she backed into someone else? ummmm some highschool drivers are dumb!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:04 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pezeveng319
Same thing happened to me but I got rear ended by an altima...
That would be a Nissan Enema.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

A month or so ago, my girlfriend was cut-off by a guy in a new Toyota 4Runner. She ended up driving her Nissan Maxima right up his ass when he slammed on the brakes mid-cut-off. The end result: A new hood, bumper, grill, both front fenders, and radiator (and associated hoses) for her... nothing for him except his insurance covering the damages. This may be one of the few luxuries of driving a SUV or truck-like vehicle. In turn, we get mediocre (or just plain awful) gas mileage, the lack of maneuverability at speeds greater than 30 mph, and the ability to drive in the elements.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

LOL @ Honda. FAIL

Quick Reply: Rear ended by a Honda