Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rear ended by a Honda

Old 01-23-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by REDR0CKJK
Well I got rear ended in my JK by a drunk guy in a DURANGO at 100+... So needless to say... I wasn't as lucky.... GLAD EVERYONE IS OKAY AND NO DAMAGE TO YOU AND YOUR JEEP!
How fast were you traveling at the time of the accident? Are you sure you aren't exaggerating a little here? If someone got rearended standing still by a person going a 100+ its highly likely that the occupants in both cars would be dead. On the other hand, if someone was going 50 and got rearended by a car going 100+ you still would need to subtract the slower vehicles speed from the faster vehicles.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDJK
So I am sitting at a stop light minding my own business-This is what happens when you rear end a JK with a Honda
Sorry you got hit, but where is the pic of your jeep after it got hit?:dontknow
Old 01-23-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Old 01-23-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Zylfrax791
How fast were you traveling at the time of the accident? Are you sure you aren't exaggerating a little here? If someone got rearended standing still by a person going a 100+ its highly likely that the occupants in both cars would be dead. On the other hand, if someone was going 50 and got rearended by a car going 100+ you still would need to subtract the slower vehicles speed from the faster vehicles.

I was working the rescue a few years back. We were going for lunch and heard the cops get sent to the highway for a car broken down on the highway. Wouldn't you know it, someone hit the darn thing and we couldn't get lunch. A Honda Passport SUV was doing 65-70 and hit the broken down car (I believe it was a Geo or similar small car). The people were smart enough to have gotten out of the car and walked onto the side of the highway, but stupid enough not to put their 4-ways on. As we were rolling up through the traffic, we could see twisted metal sticking straight up in the air. The car was mangled. The husband and wife in the SUV were fine and we transported their 2 young daughters just to be checked. The husband was pissed because his airbags didn't go off. I told him that the brush guard on the front of his Honda most likely prevented the sensors from getting tripped. Luckily everybody was OK (and we eventually got to D'Angelos).

To the OP, glad there was no serious damage to you or your Jeep.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same thing happened to me but I got rear ended by an altima... the guy was probably stilll going 10-15mph when he contacted me. His entire front end was smashed with fluid leaking everywhere. My jeep only had minor bumper scratches since its plastic. The rear hitch is a life saver
Old 01-24-2009, 03:43 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SDJK
So I am sitting at a stop light minding my own business-This is what happens when you rear end a JK with a Honda

Did you even know he hit you at first? I can't even see a scratch or paint mark on your JK.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:45 AM
JK Jedi

Here's the original thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/08-4-door-jk-%7Evs%7E-drunk-durango-26464/
Old 01-24-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story that happened to me years ago in my tj.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

No... I'm not exaggerating... I was doin like 50 or so and they said he was in excess of 100... So no.. sorry for the lack of specific details....
Old 01-24-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes,I knew he hit me,my neck is still sore. Only damage to mine was compressed the plastic on the right side, some scratches to the silver cover and some scuff marks on the tire cover. You would not even notice the damage if you did not look close. My hitch took most of the impact .

Quick Reply: Rear ended by a Honda