Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rear bumper build

Old 01-15-2012, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear bumper build

Hey guys, name's Justin, I'm new here. I'm looking for a little help, I'm getting ready to fab a rear bumper for my father in law's JK. My big delima is I live in KC and he lives in Des Moines. I have seen about every rear bumper build thread on the different sites, but never saw anyone with measurements. I was curious if anyone had measurements or a template I could go off of since my fab time with the Jeep will be limited to when he is in town. I plan to build completely from 3/16 or 1/4" plate, so atleast if someone could give me an idea of how much material I'll need, that would be a great help! I plan to build bumpers for my XJ here pretty quick, but obviously that won't help me on the JK. Any help is VERY much appreciated!

Justin
Old 01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I dont have any measurements on the rear bumper i made for my jk but i can tell you that i used half a sheet of 3/16" mild steel. 4'x4' is what the sheet measured at. My center section i believe was 42" wide. Or as wide as the gate is.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1450000246.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	264595  
Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks a lot Brent, have any pics of the completed bumper?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Never mind, found your pic thread, looks great!

Quick Reply: Rear bumper build