Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rear Bucket Seats Install

Old 06-11-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are there other options for rear seat mount?
I'm planning on putting some 2dr JK seats into the rear so levers on the inside and how do you adjust the seat belts? any close ups of the seat belt female ends mounted to the floor?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love this mod. Definitely on my list. Wife thinks I'm crazy but has for years. No sense letting her down now
Old 09-08-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Can anyone who has done this provide a picture from above of between the seats? I'd like to know the distance between, plus a visual.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2020, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Default Just did this!

So I know this post is 7 years old, but OP if you are still out there I just did this!
I have a 2012 JKU and picked up two 2011 matching JKU seats from the junkyard. I used the MasterCraft brackets you mentioned (quadratech still sells them) which bolted to the floor perfectly.
I removed the factory legs from each seat but kept the slider on (without the slider the seats don't have bolt holes far enough forward). Leaving the sliders on not only makes them easier to install but also gives them a nice factory look and maximizes cargo space when slid all the way forward (since we are loosing the ability to fold them flat). The sliders do make the seats sit higher in the back (see pictures) but I felt flexibility was more important than looking identical.
The sliders have 6 welded bolts, and with the MasterCraft brackets I had to drill two additional holes per seat, and was only able to use 4 bolts from each seat. But I added a new bolt through a factory hole in the sliders giving me 5 total connection points per seat. I did end up swapping sliders too because they don't sit flat/flush after having to swap sides as the OP said due to the tilt handles hitting the wheel wells.
Then I pulled the seatbelts from the factory bench (since the junkyard 2011 buckles wouldn't latch) and I used the open hole to put the buckles in the middle (nice that Jeep put buckle holes on both sides!) I removed the seat belt buckle straps because they were too long. Then I connected the buckle directly to the hole bracket with three tiny 450lbs d-brackets (so that's almost 1,500lbs of safety per buckle).
Last but not least I am now taking the 2-seat portion of the bench I just removed (because the subwoofer prevents the whole bench from fitting) and installing that as a removable 3rd row against the rear gate! But that is for another post........

For now I just want to say thanks again OP! I wouldn't have tried this had it not been for you proving it could be done!

Last edited by Sparticus1; 07-12-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparticus1
So I know this post is 7 years old, but OP if you are still out there I just did this!
I have a 2012 JKU and picked up two 2011 matching JKU seats from the junkyard. I used the MasterCraft brackets you mentioned (quadratech still sells them) which bolted to the floor perfectly.
I removed the factory legs from each seat but kept the slider on (without the slider the seats don't have bolt holes far enough forward). Leaving the sliders on not only makes them easier to install but also gives them a nice factory look and maximizes cargo space when slid all the way forward (since we are loosing the ability to fold them flat).
The sliders have 6 welded bolts, and with the MasterCraft brackets I had to drill two additional holes per seat, and was only able to use 4 bolts from each seat. But I added a new bolt through a factory hole in the sliders giving me 5 total connection points per seat. I did end up swapping sliders too because they don't sit flat/flush after having to swap sides as the OP said due to the tilt handles hitting the wheel wells.
Then I pulled the seatbelts from the factory bench (since the junkyard 2011 buckles wouldn't latch) and I used the open hole to put the buckles in the middle (nice that Jeep put buckle holes on both sides!) I removed the seat belt buckle straps because they were too long. Then I connected the buckle directly to the hole bracket with three tiny 450lbs d-brackets (so that's almost 1,500lbs of safety per buckle).
Last but not least I am now taking the 2-seat portion of the bench I just removed (because the subwoofer prevents the whole bench from fitting) and installing that as a removable 3rd row against the rear gate! But that is for another post........

For now I just want to say thanks again OP! I wouldn't have tried this had it not been for you proving it could be done!
Pics or it didn't happen! Lol, no, but seriously...
Old 07-12-2020, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rule18
Pics or it didn't happen! Lol, no, but seriously...
Ask and Yee shall receive!
The following users liked this post:
Rule18 (07-12-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ask and Yee shall receive!
Thanks, great job! Looks like they were born there.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I removed the factory legs from each seat but kept the slider on (without the slider the seats don't have bolt holes far enough forward). Leaving the sliders on not only makes them easier to install but also gives them a nice factory look and maximizes cargo space when slid all the way forward (since we are loosing the ability to fold them flat). The sliders do make the seats sit higher in the back (see pictures) but I felt flexibility was more important than looking identical.

happy with how it turned out
Old 11-19-2021, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where did you get your bracket for your rear seats?
Old 11-19-2021, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

He said they were from Quadratec and built by Mastercraft but they are not listed on Quadratec's site now.

Quick Reply: Rear Bucket Seats Install