Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

A real gas pedal....

Old 04-30-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The electronic throttle body with the computer setup is made so that when you are off-roading it compensates for human error or feathering so it maintains a more consistent and controlled acceleration. When switching to a drive by wire you are not going to gain any power, maybe a little quicker response off the line if you drag race it. But its not the smartest move IMHO. I would suggest getting a programmer and fine tuning it or finding a shop that will reflash your computer for what you want out of a jeep.
There is also a sprint booster that Quadratec sells. You might want to look into that.

So save up your money and spend it on wheels, tires, lift, or seats...........or if you are really craving power... you can always go for a hemi upgrade or a supercharger!

And those are my two cents!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you figure it out I want one too! They did produce an omni with a factory turbo, one of my friends in HS had one.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

just install the sprint module, all lag will go away...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Somone has already done this

I remember reading an article about a year ago on a tricked out 07 JK. This guy said that one of the best mods that he had done was to change to a wire throttle. He also said that it was not the easy mod. If I remember correctly, it took the TB, Intake, PCM, and maybe one other sensor from the van to make it work. I do believe that the PCM in the JK is very complex, but after watching the guy on this forum put a LS engine is his JK, I believe there are ways around the PCM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

wont work cause of the computer...unless you can hack that and send false info to it
Old 05-25-2010, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

If you are just looking for the response, just disable the ESP. With the ESP disabled, you cannot tell its an electronic throttle. If you want to test my theory... just pull the fuse and feel the difference. It is a huge difference. Down side is you lose your ESP.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
There are many "man throttles" that are electric...M5? M3? Corvette?
Slightly off topic, but the M cars actually have an individual throttle for each cylinder!

I don't know about the Corvette. I don't own one of those.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

totally worth it if you own a chrysler dealership and have a master tech willing to help. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. If you want to backwards in technology drop in a 4.0L,
Old 05-27-2010, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

There was a write-up in JP magazine about 3 months ago on an upgrade for the 'fly by wire' gas pedal sending unit. They said it cut out almost completly the lag and was great for the trail, I will try to find the name of the product tonight and list - I remember it was not cheap, but worked!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Work in Progress - JK
There was a write-up in JP magazine about 3 months ago on an upgrade for the 'fly by wire' gas pedal sending unit. They said it cut out almost completly the lag and was great for the trail, I will try to find the name of the product tonight and list - I remember it was not cheap, but worked!
was it sprint booster or something along those lines.
don't forget JP gets paid to say things, if remember they said the fitch fuel thing was ok and its pure snake oil.

Last edited by JEEP THRILLS; 05-27-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Quick Reply: A real gas pedal....