Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Re 5.5" Long Arm Installed - Pics

Old 06-07-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=SaharaBlackNo1;539497]What does this even mean? Looks big and tough, but when put up against a brit with a glass chin, not only he can he not knock him out, he gets exposed on the ground as having worse Jits than some white belts I know? lol

Jeep looks awesome. As per the trimming involved, will it be required on the Unlimited as well? I have mine going in week after next for the RE 4.5 and want to make sure if it needs to be done, that it gets done.[/QUO

Your right let me rephrase ...Your Jeeps looks are matched by its capabilities. (unlike Kimbo). Better?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Jeep looks awesome. As per the trimming involved, will it be required on the Unlimited as well? I have mine going in week after next for the RE 4.5 and want to make sure if it needs to be done, that it gets done.

From what i've heard, the four doors have the same problem with the clearance issue on the body mounts. Its not in the instructions that RE supplies, so just make sure to tell you shop to do it. My shop had no problem doing it, as i had paint transfer from the body mount to the rear arm from just going over speed bumps really fast. Make sure to post up some pictures when you get your kit on.

Chuck
Old 06-07-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

You're jeep looks bad ass! How much did the project set you back $$$???
Old 06-07-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SoCalChuckster
From what i've heard, the four doors have the same problem with the clearance issue on the body mounts. Its not in the instructions that RE supplies, so just make sure to tell you shop to do it. My shop had no problem doing it, as i had paint transfer from the body mount to the rear arm from just going over speed bumps really fast. Make sure to post up some pictures when you get your kit on.

Chuck
Cool, when I take it in, I'll be sure and tell them about it. Plus with it cut away, it looked really clean and factory, not like someone hacked up the underside.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alg3188
this is kinda a newb question but isnt it a bad thing to be grinding the body mount almost off. it seems like if you grind it off theres no support for that mount.
I'd also like to know this, as I just did my RE swap...

Nice rig, looks !!!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
You're jeep looks bad ass! How much did the project set you back $$$???
Too much lol....its well worth the cause. I'd rather go all out and do it right the first time i guess. But yeah i could have bought a new cheap import car for what i paid for everything.

Chuck
Old 06-08-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
dont you love it when people dont read the whole post lol
I hear ya....i don't know how many times i've had to explain this, in the same thread lol.

Aussie JK, If you read the entire post you will find the answer.

Chuck
Old 06-08-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

did you just order the kit for the 4door or did you have to buy the springs by themselves?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alg3188
did you just order the kit for the 4door or did you have to buy the springs by themselves?
I bought a new 4 door kit off of a member here, with the shocks and drive shafts. I called RE to see what the difference between the 2-door and 4-door kits were to see what needed to be swapped out, and i was told i would only need to get a new rear driveshaft. So long story short...i have a 4-door kit on my 2-door. RE customer service rocks too FYI.

Chuck
Old 06-09-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SoCalChuckster
Too much lol....its well worth the cause. I'd rather go all out and do it right the first time i guess. But yeah i could have bought a new cheap import car for what i paid for everything.

Chuck
Smart to do it once and not look back. I've in the past made mistake of starting with crap and swapping out continually over and over.. they you really spend a crap load of greenbacks.

Quick Reply: Re 5.5" Long Arm Installed - Pics