Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Re 5.5" Long Arm Installed - Pics

Old 05-16-2008, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are the measurements from the ground to the middle of ur fenders?
Old 05-16-2008, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davebloomer
what are the measurements from the ground to the middle of ur fenders?
They measure around 43 1/2 inches

Chuck
Old 05-16-2008, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alg3188
what sliders will work? those are the ones i was going to buy and i was also looking at the re 5.5 kit. but it seems like most sliders would have a mount in that same area unless the bolt to the body. and i would rather them bolt to the frame then the body
Yeah tell me about it, i had my Shrockworks on my JK for less than a week when i took it to the shop and was told they wouldnt work with the RE long arm. The rear control arms mount on the frame in the same space where the rear Shrockworks rails mount up. You deffinetly have to run some body and/or pinch seam mounted rails with this long arm kit. I was looking into the A to Z rails, but now that i think about it those might now work either because those rails have a lower angle mounted rail that might contact the rear control arms. If the good Doctor Dirty is up to it, i just might take his offer and try to modify a set of rubicon rails (if i can find a set). Dirty's rails look very similar to the Shrockworks rails, which is what im looking for, protection AND a step assist for me and my little lady.

Chuck
Old 05-16-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atrane21
that looks pretty sharp!!

I'd definitely have to go with atleast 37's though. But it does look good overall...
Trust me i wanted to do the 37's as i have more than enough room for them and money wasn't an issue. My problem was that i have an X with a dana 30 front and i didnt want to have a fragile front end when i went on the trails. I figure in a year or two i'll swap out the front dana 30 with a dana 44 and put some 37's on then.

Chuck
Old 05-16-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good!!

But I see a problem you might have (like I did) that RE fails to mention in the instructions....the rear control arms will make contact with the rear body mounts when flexing if you dont trim them.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks great Chuck!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

VERY NICE RIG..
Old 05-16-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eracer76
Looks good!!

But I see a problem you might have (like I did) that RE fails to mention in the instructions....the rear control arms will make contact with the rear body mounts when flexing if you dont trim them.

good call, looking at them now i see how that can happen. Did you trim yours? If you did can you post up a picture or two of them? How did you trim them?

Chuck
Old 05-16-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoCalChuckster
good call, looking at them now i see how that can happen. Did you trim yours? If you did can you post up a picture or two of them? How did you trim them?

Chuck
Yeah, I noticed mine after I installed the arms and put the Jeep on the ground. So I jacked it right back up, put it on stands and fixed it. I just used my 5" grinder with a cutting wheel and zipped them off below the body mount bolt.
Being my is a 4 door, its a little different, but it looks like yours is in the way also. My arms were a 1/4" from hitting the body mount while on the ground, let alone flexing it out, how they dont put that in the instructions is beyond me

I do like the tucked up arm mounts though, they dont catch on rocks very easy, unlike the FT arm mounts

Here are some pics of mine, the body mounts used to go down the bottom of the frame and almost touch the arms, I needed to trim them for my new rock rails (per their instructions) anyway

Old 05-16-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eracer76
Yeah, I noticed mine after I installed the arms and put the Jeep on the ground. So I jacked it right back up, put it on stands and fixed it. I just used my 5" grinder with a cutting wheel and zipped them off below the body mount bolt.
Being my is a 4 door, its a little different, but it looks like yours is in the way also. My arms were a 1/4" from hitting the body mount while on the ground, let alone flexing it out, how they dont put that in the instructions is beyond me

I do like the tucked up arm mounts though, they dont catch on rocks very easy, unlike the FT arm mounts

Here are some pics of mine, the body mounts used to go down the bottom of the frame and almost touch the arms, I needed to trim them for my new rock rails (per their instructions) anyway

Thanks...yet another "to do" lol.

Chuck

Quick Reply: Re 5.5" Long Arm Installed - Pics