Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rausch Creek this weekend

Old 07-15-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rausch Creek this weekend

A few of use decided to take our kids and do the 101 class at Rausch Creek this weekend since we have never been there and one of my friends is new to 4 wheeling. We had a great time! Looking forward to the next trip. My brother rented a Cherokee for the day.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10412...CO2oi4SlsKK3Ww
Old 07-15-2012, 05:05 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always love going there, glad to see new people enjoying it.

Was the class very useful to people new to off roading?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

We are heading there in a couple weeks. I have never been there before. Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait
Old 07-15-2012, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

I really wanna go there but it says tht the car has to have insurance under the person tht is driving it. My jeep has insurance under my dads name does tht mean I cnt go there?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was pretty good. The only issue was that there was such a wide range of experience level. So it went from guys who never put there trucks into 4WD and guys like myself who have just never been to Rausch Creek and are looking for a primer on the park. The instructor, Kyle, was great. He did go over a few thinks that I did not know. It was a slow day from the newbies but a lot of fun. We are thinking about taking the 201 class one of these days.

Not sure about the insurance but that didn't ask for proof of insurance.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

I've been a long time lurker, but have owned my JKU since January 2012.

@winkelhawk, I was there this weekend and saw your Islander, very cool. I was the black JKU Sport, to better identify myself, I was the big tall Asian guy.

I had an awesome time finding out what my stock JKU could do. It wasn't my first off road trip, but was with a manual transmission. That really changes things when you are thinking about how to approach an obstacle along with correct gear and a little clutch workAs it turns out, much more than my old liefted XJ. Here are my photos, I think I got a couple shots of you in there.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11713...68857066845217

Rausch Creek is a great park, and Kyle was great tour guide.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommysHaro
I've been a long time lurker, but have owned my JKU since January 2012.

@winkelhawk, I was there this weekend and saw your Islander, very cool. I was the black JKU Sport, to better identify myself, I was the big tall Asian guy.

I had an awesome time finding out what my stock JKU could do. It wasn't my first off road trip, but was with a manual transmission. That really changes things when you are thinking about how to approach an obstacle along with correct gear and a little clutch workAs it turns out, much more than my old liefted XJ. Here are my photos, I think I got a couple shots of you in there.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11713...68857066845217

Rausch Creek is a great park, and Kyle was great tour guide.

Small world! Yep my Smurf mobile, as my friends call it, is in there. You also have my brother in the Cherokee not making it up the hill, LOL. He is never going to live it down. I think he would have been there all day if he could have, LOL. It was a great day.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

Yea, the Cherokee had a little bit of a rough time...hahaha.

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek this weekend