Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rattling noise, front driver side at highway speeds.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise, front driver side at highway speeds.

A few months ago I was driving down the highway when I noticed a rattling noise that seemed to be coming from the front driver side. When I had a chance to look around I noticed that the front fender well seemed to be loose. Then I noticed that it was missing plastic rivet. I went to the dealer and ordered another one. They are just pushed onto a threaded screw on each side. Now I check them about every two weeks and push them back up when they get loose. For me that rattling noise can be very annoying, mostly at highway speeds.

If anyone has this problem you should check to see if this rivet is missing. Here is a picture of where it is located. The picture was taken when it was loose.

Quick Reply: Rattling noise, front driver side at highway speeds.