Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rattle cans

Old 02-27-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Freak
Veteran: Air Force

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Rattle cans

I'm doing a spare tire delete along with a license plate relocate. I've got some parts and hole plugs to paint. Who makes a good color match in a rattle can? Body shops want to much money for the small amount I need done.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkrubcon
I'm doing a spare tire delete along with a license plate relocate. I've got some parts and hole plugs to paint. Who makes a good color match in a rattle can? Body shops want to much money for the small amount I need done.
You can buy the Mopar brand rattle cans online in stock colors, http://www.quadratec.com/products/92156_20XX_PG.htm
Old 02-27-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to a auto body supply house. Most can mix you a small amount of paint and load into an aerosol can.. I'd call first to check that they do it...
Old 02-27-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Atcdod
You can buy the Mopar brand rattle cans online in stock colors, http://www.quadratec.com/products/92156_20XX_PG.htm
x2 on this ^^^
Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OH9JK

x2 on this ^^^
What do you have to say about the Mopar cans? Do they match?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

They are factory colors, they match perfectly wet BUT, painting depends on temperature, humidity, etc. and most importantly you! i wouldn't try to paint the center of my hood and expect it
to match but small pieces and areas I would think would be fine. However I have never used these myself. I know people have bought these to paint their wheels to match and they come out
great.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

They are factory colors, they match perfectly wet BUT, painting depends on temperature, humidity, etc. and most importantly you! i wouldn't try to paint the center of my hood and expect it
to match but small pieces and areas I would think would be fine. However I have never used these myself. I know people have bought these to paint their wheels to match and they come out
great.
I'm just gonna paint the plate delete plug which is about the size of a credit card and the plate that covers up the tailgate hole, both sit right next to factory paint.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

You'll be good, just sand and paint, sand and paint. Everyone says more thin layers are better than one thick. if you don't like it you can always sand down and do it over, and clear coat is cheap. Good luck, what color is it gonna be? I'll be doing the same thing very soon. Im shopping for tramp stamps as we speak.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

You'll be good, just sand and paint, sand and paint. Everyone says more thin layers are better than one thick. if you don't like it you can always sand down and do it over, and clear coat is cheap. Good luck, what color is it gonna be? I'll be doing the same thing very soon. Im shopping for tramp stamps as we speak.
Deep cherry red-bought the vector plate.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Mopar ones are a good match, but there is a seller on eBay that carries spray cans and the color match is the same. I think the brand is OMNI-PAK, it comes in a 12oz can and is $26 w/shipping, vs the Mopar laquer based 5oz can that costs $11+shipping. Use the left-overs to paint your console side pieces and cluster surround. I've used both, and the match is the same. As for the plate-delete plug, make sure to sand it smooth and use DupliColor's adhesion promoter.

Quick Reply: Rattle cans