Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rat bastard tried to break into my jeep

Old 05-29-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vic
Looks like you have a soft top my your pic, Glad they didnt remove a window or damage it.

All you have to do is unzip LOL
It's a hardtop....lol. The jeep in my picture was my 10 rubi...
Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Freak

It's too bad you can't feel safe even in your own driveway. I've never understood the concept of stealing other's property.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhouse93
Set alarm using fop and manually unlock all doors with your key...theif always sees if the doors unlocked first...if thats there point of entry anyway I do it everynight once they pop the door open its to late alarm starts screamin and scares em off works like a charm

Edit* very sorry to see the damage as well...people have no respect for others property anymore..its a shame when we have to go to bed worrying about what some assholes going to steal off or vandilize your doorless or completly closed jeep overnight.
If I set my alarm and unlock my door manually, the alarm goes off. I don't quite understand your thinking... can you explain?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

I have a hard top and while I was parked in my college parking lot someone smashed my passenger window and stole about $700 of stuff from inside and no alarm went off.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thx1158
Well got it into the shop for repair. $631 bucks in damage.
Where did you go??? the stealership???

First i'm sorry this happend and second thats another thief trying to get $631 for repair! a new door wont cost as much.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MotiCross

Where did you go??? the stealership???

First i'm sorry this happend and second thats another thief trying to get $631 for repair! a new door wont cost as much.
I took it to an Allstate pro shop. I have no deductible on my policy for this type of damage and they provide a warrantee on all work for as long as I own my jeep. My out of pocket is $0. I just want it done right....and Allstate is footing the entire repair cost.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a proximity sensor on my aftermarket alarm goes off if within six inches of doors. Then resets itself after 30 sec if you back off
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkrgv
I have a proximity sensor on my aftermarket alarm goes off if within six inches of doors. Then resets itself after 30 sec if you back off
Can they integrate the proximity sensor into the standard alarm system? I'd like a proximity sensor, but don't want to be carrying two fobs around.

Last edited by arjeeper; 05-29-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, my alarm uses the factory key fob! I love to drive without doors. If you reach in without touching anything it will go off.

Last edited by Jkrgv; 05-29-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jkrgv
Yes, my alarm uses the factory key fob! I love to drive without doors. If you reach in without touching anything it will go off.

what do you have

Quick Reply: Rat bastard tried to break into my jeep