Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rancho Rock Gear Glide front diff guard for Dana 44

Old 01-01-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Rock Gear Glide front diff guard for Dana 44

FIt and finish is great. We'll see how it holds up to Michigan Winter's. So far so good
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	New skid plates.jpg
Views:	5616
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	114204  

Last edited by mtudb24; 01-01-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing odd is the color.

But thanks for the pics, does it seem like it would take some serious abuse on the trail?
Old 01-01-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, unfortunetly everything Rancho does is their "own" Rancho Red color. May have to hit it with some spray when it starts (if it does) to rust
Todd
Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

It's actually a 2 stage powder coat. I got the oil pan cover and got it powder coated in a dark silver. My buddy removed the original powder coat and said it was a compete PITA to take off because the powder coat was so thick. Took him 2 days to remove it with every kind of technique (I.e. Solvents, a wire wheel, sandpaper) He said the best way to remove it is to have someone media blast it or request a bare piece next time.

In all it looks great but I'm looking at getting one of these soon and will probably have him request a bare piece so we can powder coat it our selves. There's too many angles and crevases to deal with on the diff slider to remove it yourself
Old 01-02-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the tips Gator! I would love to have one of these just plain black

Quick Reply: Rancho Rock Gear Glide front diff guard for Dana 44