Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ran over newer Impala

Old 12-04-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jennekin

Theres obviously a difference between what I would call lowriders and what you have pictured there. That car there has the potential to be something special, a true classic. My top 10 definitions of a lowrider (or the accessories commonly found on what I would call a lowrider):

10. Exhaust that sounds like a supercharged weedeater with a Nitro Boost kit on it and a tail pipe big enough to put a watermelon inside
9. Bright neon rope lights usually duck taped to the rocker panels to give off that sweet ass glow at night.
8. Bass so loud it vibrates cars 4 blocks away (this car is usually accompanied by a young white male that wishes he was from different ancestry)
7. A Hood Scoop for a 1.5 liter 4 banger. (still haven't figured that one out)
6. Some sort of chinese or japanese writing on the windshield that if you asked, they would not be able to tell you what it means.
5. Front ground effects that are usually all smashed up because the dumbass forgets he took off his suspension and now has 3/4" of ground clearance.
4. Paint jobs that cost more than the car did.
3. $8,000 rims on a 1987 Honda Civic....nuff said
2. The person driving it usually starts his sentences with "yo son, what up foo"

AND THE NUMBER ONE DEFINITION OF A LOWRIDER IS........

1. Fins on the trunk that are so big that they would even look funny on top of a semi.

Just my 2 cents.....If I have offended anyone by the statement above, you're probably in the wrong forum.
You just described what we call ricers/ rice burner. When ricers pull up next to us we always joke about how we can hear a chainsaw but we can't see it.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban
i was in the right lane of a 2 lane left turn light and the dude next to me in the left lane made a wide left turn into my lane. the front left corner of his lowered impala went right between my front and rear tire. needless to say my rear tire climbed up his front passenger tire. crushed his quarter panel and part of his hood and on the way down smashed up his bumper. the guy was freaking out yelling that he had some right away and i told him to kick rocks since it was a 2 lane turn and that he was at least 2 feet into my lane when he stopped (after i crushed his corner). he insisted on getting my insurance and phone number, but i waited on him to show me his paperwork. turns out he didnt have insurance. so when i insisted that we needed to get a police report he quickly looked over my jeep and saw no damage. i climbed under and looked for anything bent or broken... nothing was. he asked to go our seperate ways and i said i didnt care since nothing was messed up in my jeep. its been driving fine ever since. the only thing that happened was a black mark on my MB rim from his quarter panel as my sidelugs climbed up his tire. should i go get it looked at more closely or leave it as it? its been about a month now and it rides the same, no noises or wobble... i know it was dumb to not persue a full inspection, but i was in a rush to go to the theme park and at the time it seemed ok... until on the long drive i started thinking about it more and more.
Alright even though you probably didnt get them i have to say it for next time

Last edited by racin444; 12-04-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Ran over newer Impala