Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ran over newer Impala

Old 12-03-2010, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Houston 1 in 3 drivers has no insurance. I have been hit by 3 uninsured and 2 with fake insurance cards over the years. I was once chastised by the police for bothering them by calling them to the scene of an accident. The small fine these people have to pay is useually less than 2 months of insurance payments. It is worth the gamble for them I guess. I wish they would go strait to jail, car impounded, deported, shot...whatever it takes for them to stop making my rates go up for their law breaking behavior.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StrokeHerAce
I was hit at 65mph in the door by an illegal alien. He could not even say insurance he was so stupid. I now have set rules for an accident.

1) I must see proof of motor vehicle insurance, if not provided I will beat your ass.
2) If ass is not beaten I must see a valid motor vehile registraion, if not provided I will beat your ass.
3) If ass is still not beaten I must see some sort of driver registraion from some country that is valid in my country, if not provided I am going to beat your ass.

This is solely because the guy that hit me had nothing done to him but a ticket for running a stop sign. He paid by mail and was gone again to do it to someone else. Had I beat his ass he would have had to have some sort of identification to press charges. Sure I may have spent the night in the pokey but I would then have information on him for my insurance company and I would have felt damn good beating his ass.

The true moral of this story is insure your vehicle, you never know when you may run into me.
Can I ride shotgun and kick the "illegal Alien" in the balls after you beat his ass?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was involved in a hit and run sort-of situation a few years back.. the guy hit me (or I sorta hit him but he cut me off) then he took off.....

I stayed at the scene and called the cops.. they asked where the other guy went, I told him he left the scene.. made a police report.

I was never going to call my insurance over it because all that happened to my JK was I lost a flare...

Anyways, a month goes by and I get a letter from my insurance saying I was in an accident with the guy.. apparently he had $900 worth of damage to his truck and he got my plate number since it was at the time 4x4x4.. I sent a copy of my hit and run report to mt insurance and the guys insurance drops him and he gets charged with leaving the scene of an accident. Oddly, my insurance still went up for having the accident but that report covered my ass..

mural of the story, always make a police report and dont have a license plate as easy as 4x4x4 to remember

Last edited by racer83l; 12-03-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RAINSTATEBEAR

The BA for the A-team was for Bad Attitude that was why they called Mr T ..... BA because he had one.
Oh geez, you're totally right! My bad
Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

What's wrong with lowriders?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3663064062.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	106737  
Old 12-03-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
I was involved in a hit and run sort-of situation a few years back.. the guy hit me (or I sorta hit him but he cut me off) then he took off.....

I stayed at the scene and called the cops.. they asked where the other guy went, I told him he left the scene.. made a police report.

I was never going to call my insurance over it because all that happened to my JK was I lost a flare...

Anyways, a month goes by and I get a letter from my insurance saying I was in an accident with the guy.. apparently he had $900 worth of damage to his truck and he got my plate number since it was at the time 4x4x4.. I sent a copy of my hit and run report to mt insurance and the guys insurance drops him and he gets charged with leaving the scene of an accident. Oddly, my insurance still went up for having the accident but that report covered my ass..

mural of the story, always make a police report and dont have a license plate as easy as 4x4x4 to remember

I never get why insurance rate goes up when nothing was your fault. Did you or the report mention that it was your fault for the accident? Him leaving the scene should have made you 100% in the clear. Could have had him pay for your damage since he is so stupid for leaving the scene when its your fault. Since he left the scene no one has to know it was your fault

I had an accident with my YJ where I was making a left turn with a guy in front of me and behind me. This was at 2am with no other vehicles around. The guy in front and I made the amber but then this guy decides to slam the brakes while making a left turn right when we are in the middle of a the intersection!! this is a 4 lane both sides intersection too. Wasn't even tailgating just something you would never expect when no other cars are around and we are pretty much almost done with making the turn.
He comes out and says "ohh I thought I heard a car" I had no idea what the means and why would you stop like that when NO CARS IN SIGHT!
Apparently after talking with this guy and noticing what we (3 passengers with me) thought he was really drunk ended up him being REALLY STUPID. The car behind us was in fact his son who was following him so as selfish as he is, instead of pulling over on the next street he decided to slam the brake to screw me over and try backing up for his son risking my life.
The cop was on my side and even laughed at this sap as he was incredibly stupid. Hit from behind is always the persons fault and should get a ticket. I was sorta lucky and he didn't get me a ticket but said insurance is still going to rap you.
Oh and they did raising it to 6g's a year! I really wanted to beat the shit of this guy.

My YJ had broken shackle.... 200 dollar fix while his Mazda 3 I just ATE the thing up!! those cars are paper! LOL
Old 12-03-2010, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Read half of this thread. Ptetty cool you had little to no damage to your jeep & you pretty much totaled a car.

Prolly already been said, but in some states if you leave the scene of an accident of this magnitude you are breaking the law. Calling the cops now might be a very costly decision.

Like was stated earlier, hind sight is 20/20!!

Still, good job smashing a car!!!

I was 22 years old driving a brand new Toyota SR5 4x4 pickup, lifted. An unmarked cop car pulled right out in front of me. I was doing 40 mph. Smashed his driver side door, left fender & tore up his hood. Smashed up my front right corner pretty good. I had a push bar on the front & it really tore his shit up!! He told me to follow him to the Toyota dealership immediately. I told him no. He got pissed & commanded me to follow him to the dealership. I really don't think he could have driven anywhere with his fender pushed into his tire.

I stood in front of his police car & wrote down his license plate number. I then told him I was going into the donut shop to call 911. I called & explained the whole ordeal. in less than 5 minutes, three cops came roaring up. This dousche nozzle tried to blame the whole thing on me & denied trying to leave the scene. They took both our testimonies & gave him the ticket.
I took my truck to the best custom paint shop in town. Cops insurance paid for it all plus a loaner car!!!

Last edited by 07XMan2Door; 12-03-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cppower
You need to have a little decal made of a car with an X drawn through it to record your kill. Wear your badge proudlly, you have met the enemy on the battlefield and defeated them.
LOL....Too funny!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sapitoman01
Theres obviously a difference between what I would call lowriders and what you have pictured there. That car there has the potential to be something special, a true classic. My top 10 definitions of a lowrider (or the accessories commonly found on what I would call a lowrider):

10. Exhaust that sounds like a supercharged weedeater with a Nitro Boost kit on it and a tail pipe big enough to put a watermelon inside
9. Bright neon rope lights usually duck taped to the rocker panels to give off that sweet ass glow at night.
8. Bass so loud it vibrates cars 4 blocks away (this car is usually accompanied by a young white male that wishes he was from different ancestry)
7. A Hood Scoop for a 1.5 liter 4 banger. (still haven't figured that one out)
6. Some sort of chinese or japanese writing on the windshield that if you asked, they would not be able to tell you what it means.
5. Front ground effects that are usually all smashed up because the dumbass forgets he took off his suspension and now has 3/4" of ground clearance.
4. Paint jobs that cost more than the car did.
3. $8,000 rims on a 1987 Honda Civic....nuff said
2. The person driving it usually starts his sentences with "yo son, what up foo"

AND THE NUMBER ONE DEFINITION OF A LOWRIDER IS........

1. Fins on the trunk that are so big that they would even look funny on top of a semi.

Just my 2 cents.....If I have offended anyone by the statement above, you're probably in the wrong forum.

Last edited by jennekin; 12-03-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sapitoman01
EVERYTHING!!!

Quick Reply: Ran over newer Impala