Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ran over newer Impala

Old 12-02-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by isuadam
Seriously, you should have called the cops. These idiots who drive without insurance cost US money because we have to carry coverage for underinsured and uninsured motorists. Get these criminals off the streets.
If I could shake your hand I would. Took me over a year after my last Jk was totaled to get paid in full. And that was only because MY insurance company went after them and refused to settle.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is awesome!! I wish you had pics!

As far as the reporting...ALWAYS get a report when it is the other guy's fault. I doubt that you have witness information and he could have easily after the fact called the police and said that you pulled into his lane, ran into him, and fled the scene....meanwhile his back and neck now hurt really bad, etc. etc.

Based on his situation and the time that has passed I am sure you are safe, but lesson learned.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigRedJK

Bad Ass. Didn't you ever watch A-Team?!? LOL
The BA for the A-team was for Bad Attitude that was why they called Mr T ..... BA because he had one.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was hit at 65mph in the door by an illegal alien. He could not even say insurance he was so stupid. I now have set rules for an accident.

1) I must see proof of motor vehicle insurance, if not provided I will beat your ass.
2) If ass is not beaten I must see a valid motor vehile registraion, if not provided I will beat your ass.
3) If ass is still not beaten I must see some sort of driver registraion from some country that is valid in my country, if not provided I am going to beat your ass.

This is solely because the guy that hit me had nothing done to him but a ticket for running a stop sign. He paid by mail and was gone again to do it to someone else. Had I beat his ass he would have had to have some sort of identification to press charges. Sure I may have spent the night in the pokey but I would then have information on him for my insurance company and I would have felt damn good beating his ass.

The true moral of this story is insure your vehicle, you never know when you may run into me.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by StrokeHerAce
I was hit at 65mph in the door by an illegal alien. He could not even say insurance he was so stupid. I now have set rules for an accident.

1) I must see proof of motor vehicle insurance, if not provided I will beat your ass.
2) If ass is not beaten I must see a valid motor vehile registraion, if not provided I will beat your ass.
3) If ass is still not beaten I must see some sort of driver registraion from some country that is valid in my country, if not provided I am going to beat your ass.

This is solely because the guy that hit me had nothing done to him but a ticket for running a stop sign. He paid by mail and was gone again to do it to someone else. Had I beat his ass he would have had to have some sort of identification to press charges. Sure I may have spent the night in the pokey but I would then have information on him for my insurance company and I would have felt damn good beating his ass.

The true moral of this story is insure your vehicle, you never know when you may run into me.
Nice!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Call SWAT.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

Always get a report. I have had people change their story after the fact to try and get out of paying. Luckily there was a report and a cop on site so all she did was look stupid.

another time a guy flew up along side me right as the lanes merged after a toll booth. we rubbed sides and then he pulls ahead and stops right in front of me. we pulled to the side and he got out yelling for my info. he wouldn't show me his, claiming it was my fault. I said no way and he started leaving claiming he was going to report a hit n run. so I got back in my truck got his plate # and went right to the cops. His rear quarter was all rusted up and dented (my fault he said) I had some paint scuffs on my truck. I told the cop what happened and he gave me his badge and other info Just in case. luckily nothing happened. but who knows what that guy could have claimed later. Seems these days you need to keep a camera or a lawyer near you at all times,
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jennekin
I would pay to be in your situation and say that I had the opportunity to run over a POS lowrider. Every time I drive by one I think how awesome it would be to drive right on top of their hood and demolish their weed eater sounding tird machines. I say Nice Work Screw the police report, next time back up and hit it again
X2 I fight the urge every damn day....
Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 PM
JK Newbie

Like others have said, it is better safe than sorry, report it. In Oregon, if you don't report the accident and the other party does, your license is suspended!! So, not only would you have to deal with the accident crap, you also have to deal with getting the license back. On a good note, I have a 98 Expedition and had a drunk driver turn in front of me back in February. Needless to say, Honda civic bumpers don't stand up compared to the Expedition!!!!!! Peeled it right off. The driver disappeared and his girlfriend gave me his insurance information. I called the cops after he left; they hooked him up for drunk driving, fleeing the scene... Even though he only went into the apartment that was in the parking lot that he pulled into.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cppower
You need to have a little decal made of a car with an X drawn through it to record your kill. Wear your badge proudlly, you have met the enemy on the battlefield and defeated them.
BWAHAHAHA!! Thats AWESOME!! Death to inferior vehicles should have its own thread Please tell me one of you photoshop guru's has come up with this decal?

Quick Reply: Ran over newer Impala