Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ran over newer Impala

Old 12-02-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
Always, always, always get a plate number and file a report!! The last thing you need is for the uninsured a**hole who hit you to file a report with the local PD stating that you hit him, he was injured and you just took off. That will be bad Juju for you (leaving the scene of an accident involving injury). I've seen it happen several times.

Remember: Always get a plate number and driver info of the other party, get pics of scene and damage and, if possible, contact info of any witnesses. In this litigious society you have to protect yourself.
your right, and im glad that the dude was more worried about getting himself in trouble by calling it in after we parted ways. in the future im gonna call it in, even if i have no damage... better safe than sorry.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

i don't really have anything to add...i just really like your screen name
Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by urbie
i don't really have anything to add...i just really like your screen name
HAHA! my older sister called me Urbie when i was younger.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is totally BA When im driving down the road and someone else is getting ready to do somthing stupid I think DO IT youll be underneath me
Old 12-02-2010, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

I would have called the police to file a report, especially since that A-hole didn't have insurance. Now he'll just go and hit someone else.

In Denver ( and yes, all you guys at the sept. 2010 Drummond Is. Jeep run heard the pirate story) a guy rear ended me. Told me not to file a report as I had "no damage". I did anyway, and later found out that under the plastic bumper of my Jeep Patriot (sold) that there was damage. That idiot also had no proof of insurance. The repairs cost $2,500 (all unseen rear damage). Insurance went after the guy

A guy I know in INDY got hit by a city bus. He thought he was being nice by letting the whole thing go, telling the bus driver he didn't see any damage. On his way home, he car broke down...
Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Urban
i was in the right lane of a 2 lane left turn light and the dude next to me in the left lane made a wide left turn into my lane. the front left corner of his lowered impala went right between my front and rear tire. needless to say my rear tire climbed up his front passenger tire. crushed his quarter panel and part of his hood and on the way down smashed up his bumper. the guy was freaking out yelling that he had some right away and i told him to kick rocks since it was a 2 lane turn and that he was at least 2 feet into my lane when he stopped (after i crushed his corner). he insisted on getting my insurance and phone number, but i waited on him to show me his paperwork. turns out he didnt have insurance. so when i insisted that we needed to get a police report he quickly looked over my jeep and saw no damage. i climbed under and looked for anything bent or broken... nothing was. he asked to go our seperate ways and i said i didnt care since nothing was messed up in my jeep. its been driving fine ever since. the only thing that happened was a black mark on my MB rim from his quarter panel as my sidelugs climbed up his tire. should i go get it looked at more closely or leave it as it? its been about a month now and it rides the same, no noises or wobble... i know it was dumb to not persue a full inspection, but i was in a rush to go to the theme park and at the time it seemed ok... until on the long drive i started thinking about it more and more.
I would have put his ASS in JAIL for no insurance. So you got away unscathed... thats great. What happens when he fucks up somebody elses car and potentially injures someone b/c he still has no insurance?

glad it came out okay for you, but irresponsible folks like that should not get away with no complying with law.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	129065013893141321.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	106565

That should get it posted. :P
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

I know you were in a hurry to get to the theme park. regardless you should have called the police and filed a report just to document it.

Always good practice to CYA. Just in case things happen down the line. Like unseen damage. Or this dumb Sh*t who hit you tried to turn it around on you later.

All in all I think its totally bad ass that you used his car for a monster truck demo...
Old 12-02-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Long story short....lifted bronco with ten inch drop hitch...little car slid right underneath me...creased hood all the way to the windshield...wrecked my exhaust...wrote me a check for a hundie and back to nebraska i went.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kawasakirider47
regardless thats freaking BA
lol. exactly what I was thinking.

Quick Reply: Ran over newer Impala