Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ran over newer Impala

Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepcachr
Bad Abs, but not abs a different body part.

Definitely call the cops, even if it's your fault. If your not sure if you should call the cops then you need to call. If you don't insurance won't pay nothing, you can't go after the other guy for damages. If someone was hurt in the accident or later claims injury your screwed. If you drive away and the other guy calls the cops and claims you left the scene of an accident it's going to be automatically your fault no matter what happened up to that point.

Plus you need to get idiots like that off the street. People need to take responsibility for their actions.
The other driver wasn't insured though... automatically his fault no matter what... at least that's how it is in California.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to have a little decal made of a car with an X drawn through it to record your kill. Wear your badge proudlly, you have met the enemy on the battlefield and defeated them.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously, you should have called the cops. These idiots who drive without insurance cost US money because we have to carry coverage for underinsured and uninsured motorists. Get these criminals off the streets.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Urban
i was in the right lane of a 2 lane left turn light and the dude next to me in the left lane made a wide left turn into my lane. the front left corner of his lowered impala went right between my front and rear tire. needless to say my rear tire climbed up his front passenger tire. crushed his quarter panel and part of his hood and on the way down smashed up his bumper. the guy was freaking out yelling that he had some right away and i told him to kick rocks since it was a 2 lane turn and that he was at least 2 feet into my lane when he stopped (after i crushed his corner). he insisted on getting my insurance and phone number, but i waited on him to show me his paperwork. turns out he didnt have insurance. so when i insisted that we needed to get a police report he quickly looked over my jeep and saw no damage. i climbed under and looked for anything bent or broken... nothing was. he asked to go our seperate ways and i said i didnt care since nothing was messed up in my jeep. its been driving fine ever since. the only thing that happened was a black mark on my MB rim from his quarter panel as my sidelugs climbed up his tire. should i go get it looked at more closely or leave it as it? its been about a month now and it rides the same, no noises or wobble... i know it was dumb to not persue a full inspection, but i was in a rush to go to the theme park and at the time it seemed ok... until on the long drive i started thinking about it more and more.
I would pay to be in your situation and say that I had the opportunity to run over a POS lowrider. Every time I drive by one I think how awesome it would be to drive right on top of their hood and demolish their weed eater sounding tird machines. I say Nice Work Screw the police report, next time back up and hit it again
Old 12-02-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Always, always, always get a plate number and file a report!! The last thing you need is for the uninsured a**hole who hit you to file a report with the local PD stating that you hit him, he was injured and you just took off. That will be bad Juju for you (leaving the scene of an accident involving injury). I've seen it happen several times.

Remember: Always get a plate number and driver info of the other party, get pics of scene and damage and, if possible, contact info of any witnesses. In this litigious society you have to protect yourself.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had two similar experiences. I had spent two full days lifting my jeep and putting some other goodies on. I just finished up the lift and did an alignment. I decided to run it around the block to see how it rode. I literally pulled out on the street and was doing about 45 MPH. There was a chick in a minivan next to me. I could see the traffic in her lane was completely stopped, but I figured she was going to duck into the left turn lane. I was wrong, she wasn't paying attention.

I saw her lookup. She realized there were stopped cars about 10 feet infront of her. She freaked out and rammed her van into the side of my jeep. Parts flew everywhere. She hit me so hard she punted me off the road across the side walk and into the parking lot of a business. Thank god no one was on the side walk.

Her van was trashed. The front bumper was gone, the radiator was punctured, left passenger side mirror and all the molding was gone. The passenger door was crushed in. I stood looking at my jeep for a good 5 minutes confused because I couldn't find any damage. The cop was amazed too. She dinged up one wheel and cut the tire. Because my wheels stick out, she took all the damage.

Back in 2000 I had a TJ. I had just worked a 30 hour shift and was dead tired. I was making a right on a street where two lanes both turned right. I was in the left of the two lanes that went right. The person in front of me would not turn. I'm not sure if they were having car problems or what. So I decided I needed to go around them. I looked over my shoulder and pulled into the other lane. I have no clue how I didn't see her but there was a lexus there. My front left tire climbed up onto her quarter panel. I took no damage. I pulled over. Out of this lexus jumps a REALLY young girl in pajamas. This was before it was cool to wear your PJs out in public. And I'm talking about pajamas with footies and a butt flap. I apologized and told her I'd call the police. She didn't want to make a report.

Thinking back on that one I wonder if she was really even old enough to drive yet.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jennekin
I say Nice Work Screw the police report, next time back up and hit it again
Damn right, great response.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cppower
You need to have a little decal made of a car with an X drawn through it to record your kill. Wear your badge proudlly, you have met the enemy on the battlefield and defeated them.
HA! ill make a badge for sure
Old 12-02-2010, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jennekin
I would pay to be in your situation and say that I had the opportunity to run over a POS lowrider. Every time I drive by one I think how awesome it would be to drive right on top of their hood and demolish their weed eater sounding tird machines. I say Nice Work Screw the police report, next time back up and hit it again
ideally, if i knew i could get away with it, i would... but the added destruction of his vehicle on a busy street might cause others to call the cops, haha... but if it were isolated i would consider it
Old 12-02-2010, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Doc_D
I stood looking at my jeep for a good 5 minutes confused because I couldn't find any damage. The cop was amazed too. She dinged up one wheel and cut the tire. Because my wheels stick out, she took all the damage.
ive seen a few jeep accidents and a lot of the time there is minimal damage to them. im not gonna think of my jeep as some super impenetrable ride, but its good to know that if something did happen the jeep is a bit more sturdy that the average vehicle on the road.

Quick Reply: Ran over newer Impala