Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ran over newer Impala

Old 12-02-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran over newer Impala

i was in the right lane of a 2 lane left turn light and the dude next to me in the left lane made a wide left turn into my lane. the front left corner of his lowered impala went right between my front and rear tire. needless to say my rear tire climbed up his front passenger tire. crushed his quarter panel and part of his hood and on the way down smashed up his bumper. the guy was freaking out yelling that he had some right away and i told him to kick rocks since it was a 2 lane turn and that he was at least 2 feet into my lane when he stopped (after i crushed his corner). he insisted on getting my insurance and phone number, but i waited on him to show me his paperwork. turns out he didnt have insurance. so when i insisted that we needed to get a police report he quickly looked over my jeep and saw no damage. i climbed under and looked for anything bent or broken... nothing was. he asked to go our seperate ways and i said i didnt care since nothing was messed up in my jeep. its been driving fine ever since. the only thing that happened was a black mark on my MB rim from his quarter panel as my sidelugs climbed up his tire. should i go get it looked at more closely or leave it as it? its been about a month now and it rides the same, no noises or wobble... i know it was dumb to not persue a full inspection, but i was in a rush to go to the theme park and at the time it seemed ok... until on the long drive i started thinking about it more and more.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You should have filed an accident report and if you didn't, do it now. Hopefully you got his license number.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kd4ao
You should have filed an accident report and if you didn't, do it now. Hopefully you got his license number.
he had no id, no insurance and i dont even think it was his car. i should have called it in as soon as he started sweating bullets.
JK Super Freak

Hope there is nothing serious messed up. I have to laugh though at this scenerio since it seems to happen to others on here too.
The day before I put my lift in I got a text from my buddy that was going to help me simply saying "I just ran over a car"
Apparently someone pulled right out ahead of him without looking directly in front of a police station and he ran right up and over the hood. No one was hurt, except the car. His Jeep was fine. He even said later that the 2 off-duty officers standing outside the station that watched the whole thing happen had to keep from laughing at the sight..
JK Junkie

You should definitely always file and accident report. I was involved in an accident where I was going 5mph back when I owned a truck. Slid off the road on black ice and hit a fire hydrant. I just backed out and left. Not thinking anything of it. Long story short bumper got moved in a little so I called aaa to tow it later in the nite. They called cops to report it. I got screwed with leaving the scene of an accident. And not reporting an accident. $700 fine :/

Always file accident reports. Always notify cops. No matter how small

Sorry for the long post. Just my two cents
Old 12-02-2010, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sringer
You should definitely always file and accident report. I was involved in an accident where I was going 5mph back when I owned a truck. Slid off the road on black ice and hit a fire hydrant. I just backed out and left. Not thinking anything of it. Long story short bumper got moved in a little so I called aaa to tow it later in the nite. They called cops to report it. I got screwed with leaving the scene of an accident. And not reporting an accident. $700 fine :/

Always file accident reports. Always notify cops. No matter how small

Sorry for the long post. Just my two cents
Oh man, this was like almost a full month ago. i should have taken out my iphone and made a video of everything... damn hindsight.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kawasakirider47
regardless thats freaking BA
....whats BA?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban

....whats BA?
Bad Ass. Didn't you ever watch A-Team?!? LOL
Old 12-02-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Bad Ass. Didn't you ever watch A-Team?!? LOL
ooohhhhh, i cant say i was a fan. i do remember seeing part of it on tv a looong time ago, but i never really gave it a chance
Old 12-02-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Urban
....whats BA?
Bad Abs, but not abs a different body part.

Definitely call the cops, even if it's your fault. If your not sure if you should call the cops then you need to call. If you don't insurance won't pay nothing, you can't go after the other guy for damages. If someone was hurt in the accident or later claims injury your screwed. If you drive away and the other guy calls the cops and claims you left the scene of an accident it's going to be automatically your fault no matter what happened up to that point.

Plus you need to get idiots like that off the street. People need to take responsibility for their actions.

Quick Reply: Ran over newer Impala