Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

RAD-1 Installed

Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAD-1 Installed

I finally got around to installing my RAD-1 (Rollover Avoidance Device). I've been waiting to take some pictures with impressive numbers, but haven't had a chance to get off-road the last few weeks, so figured I'd post it anyway.

The RAD-1 is a digital audio inclinometer. You can read more about it at rad1.com. This little device has digital readouts for pitch and roll. What makes it really cool is that it provides audio feedback as you get close to pre-set limits (you can configure those limits).

I used industrial velcro (my favorite) to mount the unit to the dash between the steering wheel and windshield. The unit needs to be mounted level, and there is just enough space to stick it level right there. Becasue I used velcro, I can easily pull it off and stick it in the console when the tops off and I don't want anyone walking away with it.

Pictures follow. Now next step is to figure out what my roll-over angle really is so I can program it. Of course, the pucker factor is a better guague, I'm excited to be able to see the angle of some of the lines I take.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-18-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

That's pretty cool. Be sure and post what angles you are hitting. It would be good info in the "off-road 101" section of the forum. Plus, I have been wheeling for years, but have never really known what the actual angles are you can hit and still be good. I go by experience, but it would be cool to know the actual data.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
too many gadgets!!!!
Wow I thought you had taken a pic of the space shuttle.....
Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Thats good until you go too far, then does it say you f'ed! Not sure I see a need for it, but it is clear you love electronics on your dash. Good luck with it.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

thats cool there was a discussion on clinometers in the offroad 101 section a while back.

Quick Reply: RAD-1 Installed