Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

R3PTAR all grown up (Pic Heavy)

Old 01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R3PTAR

The pitbulls ride surprisingly well. This jeeps rides as smooth as stock. I am extremely impressed as I have driven many lifted vehicles with many different mud tires. They do have a hum to them when you get rolling down the highway, but nothing the radio won't cover up. I picked this up friday from the shop and drive straight to the mountains for 2 hours and it road great.

I didn't program it when I drove to the mountains and it held onto gears for a long time and would shift at like 5500-6000. It was a little crazy, I started driving in tiptronic so I could shift. While I was in the mountains I put the aev procal on and it was much better than the drive up. The shifts are a lot better, still holds onto 3rd for a while. I will def get regeared soon. I will admit I thought the AEV was a bit of hoax because I have used many handheld tuners, but it did improve the driveability of my jeep.
I think we got the meaning if "program" mixed up. I meant like did you go into the computer and put the tire size and gear ratio in. I've heard if you don't do so that you can't use the jeep but I was wondering If you had done it
Old 01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks man! The only thing visually I still want to do is a 50" light bar and an AEV hood. Then some JW sppeaker headlights
Sounds legit. Imma have to hit you up next time I roll through GA. Baton Rouge area is somewhat lacking in trails. I hope youre not a dawgs fan!

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Believe it or not, some people actually use the lights on their rigs. They definitely aren't needed in the mall parking lot though...
Woah really? move around child wasn't addressing you.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txboggers
I think we got the meaning if "program" mixed up. I meant like did you go into the computer and put the tire size and gear ratio in. I've heard if you don't do so that you can't use the jeep but I was wondering If you had done it
I "programmed" it with the AEV procal. Put in tire size, didn't have to change gear bc I have not swapped gears yet.

Originally Posted by AveryR
Sounds legit. Imma have to hit you up next time I roll through GA. Baton Rouge area is somewhat lacking in trails. I hope youre not a dawgs fan!
UGA ALUM HERE!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by AveryR

Woah really? move around child wasn't addressing you.
Lol. Ok tough guy...
Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love your build! The Jeep is looking great. I read your comments about the MBRP exhaust and had to smile as I made the same mistake. Just too loud for me and sounded like some teenager in a Honda going down the road. Neighbors loved it when I lost that thing. I am now considering an AFE high tuck cat back exhaust. If you're interested I'll let you know how it goes. I want just a little low rumble overstock and stainless underneath for longer life. Great job with the jeep and love the color by the way
Old 01-22-2013, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jim hensley
Love your build! The Jeep is looking great. I read your comments about the MBRP exhaust and had to smile as I made the same mistake. Just too loud for me and sounded like some teenager in a Honda going down the road. Neighbors loved it when I lost that thing. I am now considering an AFE high tuck cat back exhaust. If you're interested I'll let you know how it goes. I want just a little low rumble overstock and stainless underneath for longer life. Great job with the jeep and love the color by the way
Haha yeah I am hoping it dies down a little. I would def be interested in what the AFE sounds like. I kept my stock exhaust in case I give up on the MBRP. Thanks for the compliments!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS JEEP!!!!! I wish I could afford to do the same to my Black jeep only with pink accents!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha yeah I am hoping it dies down a little. I would def be interested in what the AFE sounds like. I kept my stock exhaust in case I give up on the MBRP. Thanks for the compliments!
Love my dynomax!!!!
Awesome jk, hopefully I can see it in person soon.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

R3PTAR did you put wheel spacers on?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have u thought about painting the door hinges black?

Quick Reply: R3PTAR all grown up (Pic Heavy)