Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Put on a lift, makes noise when steering! Help!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put on a lift, makes noise when steering! Help!!!

Just recently put on a 4inch rancho sport lift kit on my 09 jk. I'm running 35s and when ever I turn to the left all the way at a slow speed something on the passenger side releases making a hard knock that I can feel and hear? Any idea what it could be? I do know that my ball joints are somewhat warn but I'm not sure if that's the problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.... Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Does it just knock once... and then when you steer back knock again? It could be a loose track bar on the axle mount. Steering stablizer jamed up by being in the wrong place? Is the Spring locked into postion on the spring pad? Shock tight? Maybe have someone steer it and you watch and listen as they turn it to see what s making the noise?

I've had mine on for a long time now... over a yar, and have done quite a bit of offroad now... no noises for me?

did you have the mount on the driver side for your trackbar welded? Poping or knocking has to be something loose!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advise, I'm gonna take what u said into consideration and check that out tmar. I am aware that my trackbar mount on the driverside is not welded. Hopefully that could be the problem. Thanks so much, this is my first attempt to post a thread on the site and I'm extremely pleased with the feedback!

Quick Reply: Put on a lift, makes noise when steering! Help!!!