Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

PUREJEEP Steel Tube Fender Pics!!

Old 07-26-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VBS4
Sorry for what might seem like a silly question but it looks like you loose all of your fender liners. I've never seen behind all that plastic liner but is there anything that could get damaged by rocks flying off the wheels?
Plus it looks like exposed paint now. I would think all the rocks flying off the wheels would chip the hell out of all that and rust would take over quick.

Any thoughts
When I built mine I found it very simple to cut the liners around the edge of the wheel well. It was still held in place in the front by the factory holders and I was able to place one screw in the rear of the well and hold the liner in just fine. I haven't done any major wheeling since then but am heading to Moab next week so I'll see how it holds up there.

Medsker
Old 07-26-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so wait, will you be able to run a 34" tire, on a stock rig if you have these flat fenders..??
Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bofer84
so wait, will you be able to run a 34" tire, on a stock rig if you have these flat fenders..??
Well, considering you can practically run 33's on a stock JK now with the big limiting factor being the fenders, opening them up should make it possible to run 34's stock.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Well, considering you can practically run 33's on a stock JK now with the big limiting factor being the fenders, opening them up should make it possible to run 34's stock.

After the budget boost, it could be the next cheapest option for getting some big meats under your rig. Although the ground clearance wouldn't be as good which could be a factor, especially if you have a 4dr.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by duffman
After the budget boost, it could be the next cheapest option for getting some big meats under your rig. Although the ground clearance wouldn't be as good which could be a factor, especially if you have a 4dr.
Like stated above if your running a larger tire say a 37" tire on a 2.5"BB the extra height of the tire is giving you more ground clearance. And not only under your bellypan like lift kits will give, but more importantly under your diff.......
Old 07-26-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

That would be awesome, and would be what i would do, a 2" BB and 34" tires with the flat fenders would look awesome, give you plenty of Ground clearance under the axle, and a decent break over angle
Old 07-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It will be very interesting to see a large tire and a small lift on this set-up.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

i will be very interested to see more pictures of these fenders! woohoo, finally some good looking tube fenders!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love them! I am only awaiting PSC to come out with some comp cut crusher corners....and hopefully some tubey goodness in the rear....add the PJ fronts, and i am set! Good work PJ!
Old 07-28-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like everything about these! Especially the bar in front. Winch plans might have to go on hold for a while to we see how these price out.

Quick Reply: PUREJEEP Steel Tube Fender Pics!!