Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

PUREJEEP Steel Tube Fender Pics!!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by edubreuil
Are these mounted to the same points that the plastic flares are mounted? My only concern is that while the tube fenders are bullet proof, the body panels they are mounted to will buckle under the pressure. There just doesn't seem to be anything substantial to mount them to.
Yes, they are mounted to the factory location and you may have a point if the impact were great enough. But, because of the way tube fenders are designed, I would think that the load would be distrubuted across the entire surface area minimizing the blow. Either way, the good looks and clearance you would get from these fenders alone would be enough for me to want them and I would still think they would offer more protection than plastic.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Robar
Those look great. Are they wider than the stock flare or are they the same width?
They are exactly stock width front and rear.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My real question is what color I would go with to powder coat or paint them. Since I have always been fond of the sahara fenders, my first thought is going silver along with the top. Almost seems like it might be too much silver though.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:13 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by 00pumpkin
They are definitely up there with the PSC ones in my opinion. If I bought a set I would cut that front bar off though.........still not quite a flat fender look with the bar. Also I wish they would match up the front and rear fenders.......I dont like the way that the fronts are wider in areas than the rear (they should keep the fronts the same as the rear). I guess they did that for the stock look, but I think PSC's are the same width.........all in all, they look great and If they come out before the PSC's Id probably buy them because I hate the stock fenders!
As mentioned before, I'm pretty sure the bar is optional. As far as the fronts being wider goes, how could you make them the same width as the rear especially when the front of your Jeep tappers in? As far as the PSC fenders go, while they look nice enough, I have to say that I've never too fond of the way they mounted to the body in straight lines especially when the fender opening is curved all the way through. To me, it just always looked like an after thought part that was tacked on from another vehicle. But hey, that's just me
Old 07-25-2007, 07:14 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by justrok
They have to be wider in the front to account for the dovetailed front end. If they were the same width the whole way, it would look liked an angled mess.
Exactly
Old 07-25-2007, 07:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by justrok
My real question is what color I would go with to powder coat or paint them. Since I have always been fond of the sahara fenders, my first thought is going silver along with the top. Almost seems like it might be too much silver though.
LOL!! That is a tough one as I'm sure they would look real nice color matched to the body
Old 07-25-2007, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow another beautiful product from them

i think i like the way you put in the title "TEASER" hopefully it wont be another year until they release these!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by SDMF
These look kickass.

I think they need to send us like 5 sets for testing purposes.
LOL!! You ain't kiddin!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:49 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by jeepik
wow another beautiful product from them

i think i like the way you put in the title "TEASER" hopefully it wont be another year until they release these!!!
I hear what you're saying but I think these are gonna be available sooner than we think. From what I have seen, PUREJEEP has really started to get their butt in gear and production on everything is finally starting to get some real traction.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SDMF
These look kickass.

I think they need to send us like 5 sets for testing purposes.
If only we knew someone with a connection to PureJeep.......Maybe someone we go wheelin with........maybe someone that runs a jk website............

Quick Reply: PUREJEEP Steel Tube Fender Pics!!