Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

PUREJEEP Steel Tube Fender Pics!!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The folks at Smittybilt are saying end of June for these: They won't divulge the price yet.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armycop
The folks at Smittybilt are saying end of June for these: They won't divulge the price yet.

pick is too small but those look like a stock fender angle grinder weekend wack-job.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Default xenon narrow fenders

here you go, grabbed some pics, i like the looks of em, granted you cant drag them across rocks but the advantage of running bigger tires with out a 6.5 inch lift
[
Old 04-08-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Why is everyone so gung ho about tube fenders. (yes, I was at one time, but now...) Take your stock PLASTIC fenders and just cut 'em. Believe, as weak as the sheet metal is, you'll want the plastic taking the hit and NOT beefy tube fenders which first, bend the sheet metal and then, rip it right off.

The plastic fenders look and function great if you cut 'em. Xenon (gasp!) had the right idea when they introduced the shorty versions of their pocket fenders. Cut way up in the front and shortened at the top.

Cutting your stock fenders or adding a Xenon like fender gives you the clearence needed for MUCHO articulation and improves the body line of the JK.

I think people are looking for the tube fenders to bash on and they're going to have a very BAD, rude awakening the first time they hit something with force and find the sheet metal ripped or bent.

Cut 'em.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dayton
Why is everyone so gung ho about tube fenders. (yes, I was at one time, but now...) Take your stock PLASTIC fenders and just cut 'em. Believe, as weak as the sheet metal is, you'll want the plastic taking the hit and NOT beefy tube fenders which first, bend the sheet metal and then, rip it right off.

The plastic fenders look and function great if you cut 'em. Xenon (gasp!) had the right idea when they introduced the shorty versions of their pocket fenders. Cut way up in the front and shortened at the top.

Cutting your stock fenders or adding a Xenon like fender gives you the clearence needed for MUCHO articulation and improves the body line of the JK.

I think people are looking for the tube fenders to bash on and they're going to have a very BAD, rude awakening the first time they hit something with force and find the sheet metal ripped or bent.

Cut 'em.

I've yet to see anyone cut the stockers in a manner that looked good. I do agree though the Xenon shorty versions are the way to go. I've never wanted tube fenders to "take a beating" per say, rather for the articulation.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I am working on a set of tube doors very similar to that. Hopefully mine are going to fit a little tighter than those.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

thats def in my future mods
Old 04-08-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon

Hey, I am working on a set of tube doors very similar to that. Hopefully mine are going to fit a little tighter than those.

I'm buying a home welding machine so I can build my own tube doors and other jeep accessories, will be blast doing some fabrication with a crackerbox welder and hacksaw...and umm....hmmm...some chain link fence tubing???? hey that would work, grind down the galvanized where it welds up and you'll be fine. Devise a door latch....couch cough (zip tie or velcro) and be done with it....
Old 04-08-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

i just droped mine off to have a custom set made i should have pics on friday
Old 04-08-2008, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tank
i just droped mine off to have a custom set made i should have pics on friday
I'll be waiting for the pics. Anyway you'll tell us the price?

Quick Reply: PUREJEEP Steel Tube Fender Pics!!