Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

PUREJEEP Steel Tube Fender Pics!!

Old 04-08-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
they are not making them, they made two, and thats it.
WTF? They don't want any of our money? Too bad. I don't know why they didn't stop making the CAI's and focus on good tube fenders. I can't figure out why the aftermarket is choosing to manufacture crap that is available already (CAIs, bumpers, etc) and not making the new products that are in demand? (tube fenders, soft doors, cheap tire carrier)
Old 04-08-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man those are nicer looking than Poison's who only make the fronts still I believe, they never make things in pairs it seems. I like these and especailly like the opening on the fronts, I could foresee doing something with a turn signal there...or just leave it be.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

they are not making them, they made two, and thats it.
just saw this post, well that's pretty lame.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:28 AM
JK Freak

They keep this up and they will end up like Jeeperman...
Old 04-08-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

the deal with the tube fenders like every other company is, the factory sheet metal simply isnt strong enough to mount a steel fender like the factory.

Until they can figure out some sort of bracing, its just going to destroy the sheet metal. Alteast they didnt throw them out. Only for us owners to find out how weak the sheet metal really is.

Go grab your plastic fenders and push towards the body, it'll flex that steel without much force..

Originally Posted by armycop
WTF? They don't want any of our money? Too bad. I don't know why they didn't stop making the CAI's and focus on good tube fenders. I can't figure out why the aftermarket is choosing to manufacture crap that is available already (CAIs, bumpers, etc) and not making the new products that are in demand? (tube fenders, soft doors, cheap tire carrier)
I dont think they believe the rockers will be strong enough. I keep telling everyone to call and let them know they want them. not everyone wants to drill into the bodies just yet. Mine have taken fairly hard hits, and are holding up good.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 04-08-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Puddlz
Pure Jeep posted pic's almost a year ago, teaser no fenders,

PSC on order told Feb 14, then so on then so on, order canceled, I got other ideas on fenders, for now mine are cut,

I get so tired of the unsurpressed promisses one's make and don't pull through with,

Cant anyone make a bunch before a teaser.

Think about it and the $$$ they could make and the reputation they could build too.

Just my opinion.
That is pretty dissapointing. Xenon makes some that are not stupid wide now, they first came out with some that were 1.5" wider than our stock (blah) our stockers are too wide as it is on the front...but now they have some narrow versions which I've yet to see on a JK but they are only $480ish. I'd rather metal too put whatever my stock fenders are plastic anyway.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
That is pretty dissapointing. Xenon makes some that are not stupid wide now, they first came out with some that were 1.5" wider than our stock (blah) our stockers are too wide as it is on the front...but now they have some narrow versions which I've yet to see on a JK but they are only $480ish. I'd rather metal too put whatever my stock fenders are plastic anyway.
funny you say that, 4wd just installed a narrow set on the 4 door JK, they look really good narrow
Old 04-08-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

PiginaJeep, that's a very good post about the strentgh of the sheetmetal. I guess someone very innovative could come up with some bracing on the backside of the sheetmetal for attach points. I'm sure I could come up with something very clean in that regard but I just don't have the time to fool with it. For now I guess I'll just look at Xenon's, sooner or later a company will come up with something strong.

How is Poison's on the market and not having strentgh problems with the sheetmetal? Anyone know?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:41 AM
JK Junkie

funny you say that, 4wd just installed a narrow set on the 4 door JK, they look really good narrow
Any pics of those?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Any pics of those?
I'll try to get them this week, he said his wife was taken the JK today, so it'll atleast be wednesday

Quick Reply: PUREJEEP Steel Tube Fender Pics!!