Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pure Jeep rocker guards

Old 12-10-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmhines
Are they just sheet metal screws attaching it to the body panels ?? Or some sort of RIVNUT ???
Theres crush sleeves behind them and I think PureJeep uses nutzerts, or they call them something like that. It's a lot more than just sheet metal screws, that much I can assure you.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by rockryno
can you get them without the step?
No, I asked not to long ago. They will not remove the step, they dont believe the sliders will be strong enough without them
Originally Posted by dmhines
Are they just sheet metal screws attaching it to the body panels ?? Or some sort of RIVNUT ???
The JK has 4 layers of sheet metal. You first drill out 1/4 holes through all the layers of the sheet metal. The second step is to drill 1/2 through the first 3 layers. Then you insert a 1/2" wide steel "crush sleeve" it really does not crush.

its really a steel pipe. After the rockers in place, the bolt goes through the rocker, through the crush sleeve and into the interior. When bolted down, it claps all 4 layers of sheetmetal along with the rockers.
install album, i should note, the install procedure has changed, but they still mount the same way.
http://project-jk.com/wpg2?g2_itemId=54598

"crushsleeve"

Last edited by Piginajeep; 12-10-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not strong enough with out steps? make em thicker! what are they now? 3/16"? bump em to 1/4"
Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

man those are nice rockers. i personally like the step. other than the annoyance of having the back of your pantlegs dirty all the time, they rock
Old 12-14-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by rockryno
not strong enough with out steps? make em thicker! what are they now? 3/16"? bump em to 1/4"
theres alot of company that run sliders with just a skin like this and just nutserts. I would imagine these would be plenty strong enough without the step.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Pig....

Are they strong enough to use a Hi-lift on? If so, these might just be the ones I'm looking for.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by SofaRider
Hey Pig....

Are they strong enough to use a Hi-lift on? If so, these might just be the ones I'm looking for.
Yes, I've used a highlift more than once off the rocker.

Just be careful its not the safest way to jack up your rig, but they are definetly strong enough
Old 01-28-2010, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Cool, thanks.

I've often heard of hi-lifts being referred to as "Widow Maker".....

Quick Reply: Pure Jeep rocker guards