Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Psc brawler lite with brawler bar

Old 01-18-2012, 04:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hsacks820
The specs are.... 37x12.50r17 trail grapplers and poison spyder brawler front and rear bumper and flares! A teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with extended bump stops! That's ittt!!!
Very nice. I was gonna run 3.5 with flat flares and 40's if I go to flat flares now...I don't have to lift it. Hmm...save 3k? Tempting. I like the look on your rig!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.427120,-114.346907
Sent from me to you, using my iPhone
Old 01-20-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not lift it and run 37's??
Old 01-20-2012, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love this bumper. I was wondering a couple of things... Has anyone installed it on a 2012? If so, did you have to relocate the vacuum pump that is in the way for a lot of bumpers? Also, do you have to take the bumper off to install a winch? I noticed that the winch sits on top, so I thought maybe not.

Thanks,
Old 01-20-2012, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shakeman0
I love this bumper. I was wondering a couple of things... Has anyone installed it on a 2012? If so, did you have to relocate the vacuum pump that is in the way for a lot of bumpers? Also, do you have to take the bumper off to install a winch? I noticed that the winch sits on top, so I thought maybe not.

Thanks,
I have one on a 2012 and I did not have to move the pump. I am not in love with the quality of the bumper or the way it comes to the house but it fits on a 2012.
The winch can be mounted after the bumper is mounted but the fogs are easier to install before the bumper is installed. The expectation is you will reuse the stock screws to mount the fogs on the PSC bumper which is a PITA, you basically have to strip the screws since your screwing them into steel with no threading. Hard to get them tight and good luck if you ever want to get the fogs out of the bumper. PSC does not provide bolts but you could find some. The bumper comes bare steel and mine had rust on it more then just from finger prints and then they slap shipping stickers on it. You will pay extra to clean it right or have someone do it for you at a paint shop. The bottom inside nuts do not tighten all the way without adding another washer to take up the space. you will have to get 2 washers. You wont be able to get a skid unless you are willing to chop the crash bar off your jeep. PSC has mentioned they might make one for 2011 and newer jeeps but that has been said since others have asked for 2011's.
I wont get into the other things... Overall for the money I am dissappointed with what PSC delivers. You can buy cheaper bumpers that come painted with all the bolts you need to put in the fogs and other companies offer good customer service usually willing to work with you to get what you need. Does the bumper look nice? Sure but so do other bumpers and some weigh less.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Initial E
What are you guys doing to coat the bumper? Power coat/ bed liner/ rattle can?

How much is a typical powder coat job for one of these?
I powder Coated mine and it really holds up well had my able winch wrapped around te bar cause the winch broke and almost no scratches at all ! Very satisfied with powder coat!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

It is a nice looking bumper for sure

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.399319,-114.336368
Sent from me to you, using my iPhone

Quick Reply: Psc brawler lite with brawler bar