Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pro's and Con's

Old 01-08-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
on the "buy a welder side" I was able to pick up a fluxcore MIG welder on Craigslist for $50...and it works great, perfect for a learner
Damn, that's an awesome price, I kinda wanna get a mig anyway so I can start learnin. I can torch pretty well, never learned to weld though. My dad has an old 220 stick welder I may bring to the house and start tryin to learn on it and then move to the mig
Old 01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outlaw Offroad offers a bolt on coilover kit also.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

Any others out there? Has anyone done a jk with maybe a home made coilover setup?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

Also checkin out the new Teraflex Elka shocks / w their speed bumps, it may be an option that would be good for me, since the majority of wheelin I do is not on rocks and I'm happy with the amount of flex I get with the tera springs, looking for a better on road ride without having to go longarm on it. And it's mainly in the front aswell. Also something if I haul ass down a fire road I won't be outta control.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Admit it Mark

You just wanted to start a thread in the Xtreme section

I would say if you want a welder buy it and play with it. However I would leave welding of this degree to a pro
Old 01-09-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
Admit it Mark

You just wanted to start a thread in the Xtreme section

I would say if you want a welder buy it and play with it. However I would leave welding of this degree to a pro
, yeah , first thread in here, I know basic mechanics, but the coilovers are new territory for me. My dad gave me his welder today, gonna play with it for awhile, it's a stick though. I would leave it to a pro, but don't trust or know the guys around here. My dad and grandfather did all their own welding. Grandfather passed away 2yrs ago and dad is disabled now. So......
Old 01-11-2010, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Any others out there? Has anyone done a jk with maybe a home made coilover setup?
I am currently putting a coilover system with a 3-link and pan hard in mine. I will try and get some pics put up. I am also 4-linking the rear D60 with coils.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by brickman37
I am currently putting a coilover system with a 3-link and pan hard in mine. I will try and get some pics put up. I am also 4-linking the rear D60 with coils.
Cool, interested in seeing it.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

keep us posted!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Damn, that's an awesome price, I kinda wanna get a mig anyway so I can start learnin. I can torch pretty well, never learned to weld though. My dad has an old 220 stick welder I may bring to the house and start tryin to learn on it and then move to the mig
The stick welders r hard to learn on...but once you put the mig in your hand it is so easy to weld with. Good luck bro

Quick Reply: Pro's and Con's