Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Projector Fog Lights, plug and play, installed on 2012 JK

Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought these too and they came in. I quickly hooked them to a battery and the halos only have 2 small LEDs illuminating the entire ring, so the glow isn't even around the entire circle. The stock bulbs that came with these look pretty weak. My plan is so swap them out for HIDs from "dee dee m" tuning. Not sure if that will work yet, as I haven't had time to take these apart. Was hoping to pop them into my aev fender, but after reaching back there today, I'm not sure how easy it is to get the fogs out with the fender on. On oem I know it's not too bad. Anyway, I'll get these in in the next couple of weeks and will then let you know. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine just came in the other day. This weekend: install!

Click image for larger version

Name:	d83c123a-d8c6-b5df.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	364890Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0157.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	364891
Old 09-29-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Sooooo...a month later and a bulb is already out. These things are crap.

Sent from my thingy.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
I bought these too and they came in. I quickly hooked them to a battery and the halos only have 2 small LEDs illuminating the entire ring, so the glow isn't even around the entire circle. The stock bulbs that came with these look pretty weak. My plan is so swap them out for HIDs from "dee dee m" tuning. Not sure if that will work yet, as I haven't had time to take these apart. Was hoping to pop them into my aev fender, but after reaching back there today, I'm not sure how easy it is to get the fogs out with the fender on. On oem I know it's not too bad. Anyway, I'll get these in in the next couple of weeks and will then let you know. Thanks.
Hids melted mine to hell.... Just put the factory lights back in and get PIAA super white for the fogs and get hid conversion PLUS the headlight harness with the conversion NOT the canceller
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Thanks jersey d. Anyone ever try to fit a Hella hid low beam in the factory housing? I have the Trucklite LEDs for my main lights. Just want some good fogs to compliment the light output. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wiring question

I thought these would be plug in play and it appears that it has its own wiring kit to wire to the battery. Since mine is already wired for the stock fogs, can I just plug those in? If not, could I buy a plug that would plug into the back of these new projectors and then directly into the factory plugs? I want it as stock as possible and I don't want to have to cut my stock wiring either. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

The dealer should have the harness that fund to the oem fogs. You could cut that and wire it into these. Then if you didn't like them, just unplug and plug oem back in. Does PIAA make the super white in our odd size bulb for 2012?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
The dealer should have the harness that fund to the oem fogs. You could cut that and wire it into these. Then if you didn't like them, just unplug and plug oem back in. Does PIAA make the super white in our odd size bulb for 2012?
I have the stock harness that I don't want to cut and it plugs directly into the back of the fog lamp. I might just have to buy an H3 and h13 connectors to wire together...hopefully that works.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Sorry, I was thinking that there was a plug at both ends of the harness. Duh.

Quick Reply: Projector Fog Lights, plug and play, installed on 2012 JK