Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Projector Fog Lights, plug and play, installed on 2012 JK

Old 08-16-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which wire on the halos did you tap into parking light? And is the relay necessary? I was just going to splice directly from harness to lights. Think that would be ok?

Sent from my thingy.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

I splice the red wire to the halos into the wiring harness. And, you can wire the halos directly. But, I would use the relay for the fog lights.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do the halo's only come on when the parking lights are on? I don't exactly want the halo's but I was wondering if i didn't wire them up to anything and only plugged in the fog's will the halo's be on when the fogs are on? Or only if I specifically wire the halo's? Thanks for your help. Also, I assume the fogs on ebay don't come with the HID kit?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

One more request...can you put up some pictures of the cutoff on a wall...like how sharp it is and how they look? Thanks.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:00 AM
JK Super Freak

The halos are a separate set of wires. I'll try to snap a pic tonight of the cut off against the garage for you.

Sent from my thingy.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mister ed
The halos are a separate set of wires. I'll try to snap a pic tonight of the cut off against the garage for you.

Sent from my thingy.
Thanks for the quick response
Old 08-31-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed
Old 08-31-2012, 06:11 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1WithStyle
...For now, I have the halos wired directly into the parking light circuit. It's a very low current draw, so a relay isn't required. You could wire these to a switch, or just about any way you'd like. I took the harness that came with the lights and cut it to custom length, resoldered the connections, added heat shrink, and added the appropriate wire loom. This step wouldn't be necessary, I just wanted a near factory type of install....
Hi and thanks for the writeup! I bought these lights as well and they just came in yesterday (hoping to work on it over the weekend). I want the halos to go on with the parking lights as well. Where is the wire for the parking light located? What color? If I take the front grill off when working on it is it easy to find? Did you just cut into it and link the two together? Sorry for all the rookie questions. Any pictures would be appreciated on where to find the wires.

Thanks!

Dom
Old 08-31-2012, 03:57 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

As far as I can tell there is just one red wire that is specifically there to splice into the parking lights. Any chance you can take a photo of where you spliced it in? I'm not sure which wire, and just wanted to make sure i just needs to splice in once.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Hey, DJR, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I tied into the turn signal connector right behind the socket for the bulb. I accessed this connector fron the passenger side fenderwell. I didn't even have to remove anything. The wiring colors I used can be found in post #6 of this thread.
Did you get it figured out?

I still have to try to get some pictures of these at night.

C.J.

P.S. - Ordered the projector headlights w/ 55W AC ballasts and 6000K bulbs (with LED halo rings) from HID projectors today!

Last edited by 1WithStyle; 09-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Projector Fog Lights, plug and play, installed on 2012 JK