Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project: RIVER RAIDER 'Crusher Corners' - but with OEM taillights...(pics)

Old 12-23-2010, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice work man. It looks great with everything herculined like it is. I would have thought hitting the tailgate would have been a little overkill with the liner.. But it all came together nicer than I'd anticipated. It's really aggressive looking. I especially like how u hit the inside of the wheelwell too, cuz I've always thought that once the stock flares were trimmed and the inner flare was removed these JKs looked a little off when u cld see the paint on the body behind the flare. Nice attention to detail.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good, whats the plan with the plate holder and tire carrier
Old 12-28-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

I like the concept.. I would have gone with a spray on like the duplicolor or Rustoleum rattle can bed liner. I have used it on my fornt bumper and it looks great.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 PM
JK Freak

i like the hurculiner..... hows it holding up. ive only used the $5 crap from advanced auto..... chips away after a while. i wanna do my front grill like this
Old 12-29-2010, 12:07 AM
JK Super Freak

i'm not sure if i like the tailgate hurculined or not. haven't seen one done like that. definately like the corners though. great job all the way around!.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow I've got some catching up to do to answer some questions, haha.

Originally Posted by Jebus
Very nice work man. It looks great with everything herculined like it is. I would have thought hitting the tailgate would have been a little overkill with the liner.. But it all came together nicer than I'd anticipated. It's really aggressive looking. I especially like how u hit the inside of the wheelwell too, cuz I've always thought that once the stock flares were trimmed and the inner flare was removed these JKs looked a little off when u cld see the paint on the body behind the flare. Nice attention to detail.
Jebus, thanks! Aggressive is what I wanted to go with. I want someone to look at my JK, and even though it's not lifted or on BIG tires, and say "damn he's got that thing setup!", lol. The tailgate idea hit me WHILE the corners were primed, and I ran with it. I thought maybe the better look would be that instead of having the red tailgate in between two black corners...so I blacked out the entire back end The results blew me away!! I had been wanting to do the rear wheel wells for a while, too!

Originally Posted by Enzo
Looks good, whats the plan with the plate holder and tire carrier
Enzo, what's up!! I'm going with the Poison Spyder "tramp stamp" for the plate:
. The tramp stamp will be - guess what - Herculined as well, haha. As for tire carrier, none. I don't have a spare. A rear bumper isn't that high on the list lol.

Originally Posted by 07BLUEJK
I like the concept.. I would have gone with a spray on like the duplicolor or Rustoleum rattle can bed liner. I have used it on my fornt bumper and it looks great.
I'm glad you like my concept - I thought it was different, especially with doing the tailgate - I've never seen anyone with that done, and I passed on doing the grill because it seems like everyone has it (although not around here by me lol). I went with Herculiner 'cause everything and everyone online swears by it for durability.

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
i like the hurculiner..... hows it holding up. ive only used the $5 crap from advanced auto..... chips away after a while. i wanna do my front grill like this
So far the Herculiner is good. I'm only worried about it on the fender flares, so we'll see how they hold up. So far so good though...I haven't wheeled any with this project done, trying to wait out to get some new springs to go with my OME shocks, lol.

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
i'm not sure if i like the tailgate hurculined or not. haven't seen one done like that. definately like the corners though. great job all the way around!.
Like I said, that's the 2nd reason I went with the tailgate! I love it, I don't regret doing it, and the entire project has gotten a LOT of attention here...from friends, family, random people driving cars on the road, random Jeep people (and non-Wranglers, lol), and even my old boss and co workers! Glad you like the corners, I'm happy it's a done deal because it was time consuming!

Thanks everyone for checking this out, glad you like! I know I do...now I wait it out a little to do a little more!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Thats pretty good, like that. I got to see the finished product, in person. How is/was the snow by you?
Old 01-02-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Enzo, the snow was pretty gnarly here. I was driving around in it until 1:45 Monday morning, it was BAD. Worst I've ever seen at least. Some main roads were horrible, too, and with the wind whippin all the snow aorund I almost drove off the blacktop once or twice...it got scary!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKStell
Hey Enzo, the snow was pretty gnarly here. I was driving around in it until 1:45 Monday morning, it was BAD. Worst I've ever seen at least. Some main roads were horrible, too, and with the wind whippin all the snow aorund I almost drove off the blacktop once or twice...it got scary!
I made it to work that monday, i had a 30 inch drift on my block, go out going the wrong way, as long as i had moment i was unstoppable. i got a call from a friend to pick him up. i got off the hwy, and i ended on a road with a stuck car on the service road of belt pkwy, in brooklyn. i had issues making a u turn in deep snow. i got out after help with a push from a stranger. i drove up the service road with my offroad lights, and got back on the highway. i could not get my friend.

Quick Reply: Project: RIVER RAIDER 'Crusher Corners' - but with OEM taillights...(pics)