Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project: RIVER RAIDER 'Crusher Corners' - but with OEM taillights...(pics)

Old 12-03-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKStell
I'm sorry to hear that man. I have to disagree though…no disrespect of course. I mean, I’m putting on 3/16” steel armor so that I don’t have a repeat of fixing a tub AND a quarter panel in the future, under insurance (deductible of course) or not. If I do back into something and bust a taillight, so what? I pick one up for $40, maybe $60 tops. I paid $40 in the end for the RH pictured. The armor is there to prevent any repeat body damage, which sure as hell beats a 4-digit insurance claim. So to me, that IS the purpose of the crusher corners…not to protect taillights, and the purpose is not defeated.

The other thing, too, is that I have some damage BELOW the LH taillight from ANOTHER pole (again, non off-roading, lol) from WAY before the right side got its damage. The left is not nearly as bad though, and not enough to warrant an insurance claim, but the corners will help get rid of that damage, and again, protect these body parts from incurring such damage again.

It’s a “blend” we’ll say!
i hear you but 40-60 bucks for new lights more than a few times starts to add up. i agree about the importance of protecting the corner body paneling. i guess the lesser of two evils is the case here. they do look good all fabed up with the stock lights installed . i would get annoyed with replacing lights though unless your previous light damage situation was a fluke.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geebee
i guess the lesser of two evils is the case here. they do look good all fabed up with the stock lights installed . i would get annoyed with replacing lights though unless your previous light damage situation was a fluke.
EXACTLY. Lesser of two evils, lol. LUCKILY, it WAS a fluke. It was just one of those really stupid things. I had worked at my old job for almost 8 years (I couldn't drive the first few, too young). But that day I just backed out the opposite direction than usual, wasn't looking behind me, and just spaced out for a second and WHAM. Body damage and taillight shattered. Not TOO bad considering I've got 80,000 miles + on the thing. It's always something ON the road, it kills me lol.

But thanks, I'm glad you like them mocked up, I know I sure did yesterday morning! I just hope I can keep the record of 1 taillight in 4 years and not all of a sudden start having them stack up on me, LOL!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey looking good

I just woundering are you going to paint them red rock or black?
Old 12-04-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Enzo they're going to end up being black textured...bedliner. Until recently I didn't want crusher corners at all, but it grew on me. And, now that I'm getting them, I want them to stand out LOL. So black bedliner it will be!!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

UPDATE: Mon. 12/6 @ ~noon:

Stopped by my body shop today, the corners are all primered up, both sides. Now I have to wait for the appointment to get the adjustor down to look at the right rear corner of the Jeep cut open, and then we (me and my body guy) can get them on.

Just realized I took this pic with the corners switched sides...confusing haha.

So far so good though...just wish it was moving along a LITTLE faster, but hey that's dealing with insurance I guess.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Enzo they're going to end up being black textured...bedliner. Until recently I didn't want crusher corners at all, but it grew on me. And, now that I'm getting them, I want them to stand out LOL. So black bedliner it will be!!
Yea , I would also chose black.....can wait to see complete.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just a small update...

As of Monday, the corners are on (only primed).

Got the Herculiner yesterday.

Last night I adjusted the OEM taillights to sit properly - this involved adding some small shims behind the taillight housing, on the inside edge where there are the two screws that hold the actual housing/lens to the body.

Today SHOULD be the day where I take them off and line them, then I can seal them up.

Pictures to follow!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Junkie

I'd have to say Poison Spyder was a close 2nd, honestly. But they also were 1/8", but I think they have better coverage than River Raider actually (Poison Spyder's corners countour the body up to underneath the tracks for the top). But, I never called them up to see if they could fill in the hole, so maybe I'll never no, lol.
They offer Crusher Corners that still use OEM tail lights.....

However I'm a fan of the LED's

Old 12-15-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

UGOTKERN, those are the Poison Spyder corners? Looks like them by the way they wrap up underneath the bed rail.

I went for the River Raider ones because they're 3/16"...the Poison Spyders are 1/8". BUT, if Poison Spyder does make them to fit the factory tails, I might have considered them because they cover all the way up the side. I shoulda called...

EDIT: I read the crusher corner page on Spoison Spyder's website, and they don't mention a version for the OEM tails. I do have to say, UGOTKERN, I like the way your taillights look, a lot...better than the LiteDots actually. I also REALLY like the fact that the backup lights are SEPARATE from the brake lights. Who knows, with a little more time maybe I'll be going to LED's, haha. Thanks for throwing that picture up!!

Also, I only see 4 door crusher corners on their site. Where are the 2 door versions?

Last edited by JKStell; 12-15-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Junkie

2 door models arent available yet from PSC.... but a few 2 door guys installed the 4 door versions.

Also they offered OEM tail light provisions when I called a few months ago....

Quick Reply: Project: RIVER RAIDER 'Crusher Corners' - but with OEM taillights...(pics)