Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK's NEW 2012 Dozer JK Unlimited Rubicon - RubiCAT

Old 12-12-2011, 06:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dinojeep
WOL, you going to find some portal axles to throw under the dozer?
man, wouldn't that be nice
unfortunately, no, we'll just be running the factory 44's for a while
Old 12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went through this thread and when I saw the 37s I thought...portals!!
Well, let me know if you need ideas on how to spend money. Me and 50,000 other people here to help!
Although you do seem to have your priorities straight.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

definitely following along. just picked up mine little over a week ago. same exact JKU. only thing different i see is the head unit. didn't go with either of the higher end units. congrats folks.

the wife named ours Agent Orange on the way home from the dealer, due to Dozer having so much orange tint
Old 12-17-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

any updates?
Old 12-29-2011, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

is there any plans on making an orange project jk windshield decal? if not how do you think the dozer color would look on a mango? lol thanks
Old 01-08-2012, 02:04 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Just finished installing a new rear end on RubiCAT - definitely need to get a lift and bigger tires installed!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0478[2].jpg
Views:	3093
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	261239  

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-08-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

^ Dead pic
Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by WheelinWv
^ Dead pic
hmmm, try now
Old 01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Not looking to be a dink here, honest, but what made you go with the ATX Slab Beadlocks? I was under the impression that they were strictly for off-road use only, and not street legal, and if you were aware of this factor? The only reason I mention it, is because short of one set of forged wheels (at around 1K per wheel), I cant think of any company that makes road-legal beadlocks, and Id love to find a set for my truck.

Ive even talked to ATX (Well, wheelpros, the parent company) and have been told that if I'd like to order a set, they require a waiver signed first to remove them from any liability of highway/road use. Does this concern you, or factor into any potential insurance coverage?

I suppose I never considered whether you would be using these as trail only, and rolling other wheels for the street...

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hesh
Not looking to be a dink here, honest, but what made you go with the ATX Slab Beadlocks? I was under the impression that they were strictly for off-road use only, and not street legal, and if you were aware of this factor? The only reason I mention it, is because short of one set of forged wheels (at around 1K per wheel), I cant think of any company that makes road-legal beadlocks, and Id love to find a set for my truck.

Ive even talked to ATX (Well, wheelpros, the parent company) and have been told that if I'd like to order a set, they require a waiver signed first to remove them from any liability of highway/road use. Does this concern you, or factor into any potential insurance coverage?

I suppose I never considered whether you would be using these as trail only, and rolling other wheels for the street...

Thanks!
There is no law that prevents the use of bead locks on the street. There are a few DOT approved bead locks out there, but there is no specific law in any state that says wheels must be DOT approved. Heck, the ProComp wheels I have now are not DOT approved, and they are not even bead locks.

Quick Reply: Project-JK's NEW 2012 Dozer JK Unlimited Rubicon - RubiCAT