Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK's NEW 2012 Dozer JK Unlimited Rubicon - RubiCAT

Old 11-10-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Family photo of Moby and RubiCAT hanging out in their den...
Still need a rear bumper
Old 11-11-2011, 11:51 PM
JK Newbie

For those of you who've been following us on our Facebook or Google+ fan pages, you'll know that we've just purchased a brand new 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Dozer Yellow. While we are eager to get this new addition to the family built up, I thought it would be fun to post up some day 1 pics of it bone stock first. This way, we'll have a record of what it looked like before it becomes what it will be

And with all that, LET THE MODS BEGIN!!!
This has got to be the best set of pics out there for the color dozer. Just put my order in for a dozer unlimited rubicon. The only thing is that I won't get it until I get back stateside in 6 months. And so begins the wait.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:04 AM
JK Newbie

always wondered what a brand new jeep look like
Old 11-12-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Congrats on the 2012, and im sure im late but rubicat? how can you go wrong? Awesome name!! Now a question, and im sure the answer is in here somewhere but I really dont have time to look (work dontcha know). I am trading in my 2010 jk rubi for a 2012 jk unlimited rubi. Girlfriend with kids, what can ya do... Anyway i am interested in what the thoughts are of the offroad capabilities comparison between the unlimited rubi vs. the 2 door. Dont think ill regret it, mostly a daily driver, but I love going to the jamborees and taking it offroad, when I can, nothing to extreme, but fun nonetheless.
And with funds being what they are, mods are slow to come by.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by teeswenka
Congrats on the 2012, and im sure im late but rubicat? how can you go wrong? Awesome name!! Now a question, and im sure the answer is in here somewhere but I really dont have time to look (work dontcha know). I am trading in my 2010 jk rubi for a 2012 jk unlimited rubi. Girlfriend with kids, what can ya do... Anyway i am interested in what the thoughts are of the offroad capabilities comparison between the unlimited rubi vs. the 2 door. Dont think ill regret it, mostly a daily driver, but I love going to the jamborees and taking it offroad, when I can, nothing to extreme, but fun nonetheless.
And with funds being what they are, mods are slow to come by.
until the JK came out, the only thing we wheeled were 2-doors including our old 94 XJ. having said that, the 4-door is just as capable as a 2-door if not more so in a lot of terrain especially in places like moab. the longer wheelbase does take a little getting used to but, once you figure out that you need to be taking different lines, i think you find that it'll do great and, you'll be the envy of your 2-door buddies.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

until the JK came out, the only thing we wheeled were 2-doors including our old 94 XJ. having said that, the 4-door is just as capable as a 2-door if not more so in a lot of terrain especially in places like moab. the longer wheelbase does take a little getting used to but, once you figure out that you need to be taking different lines, i think you find that it'll do great and, you'll be the envy of your 2-door buddies.
There are times where I wish I had a 4dr (like when I need to carry more than one passenger). But then I also love the super small turning radius. But 4dr's are certainly more stable, especially in steep terrain. But then every time I make a sharp turn on a trail and a 4dr has to do a 3-4 point turn, I can't help but smile

With that said, there is a good chance my next one will be a 4dr. Unless a proper J8/Truck comes out.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks WOL much appreciated. Was kinda thinking where the 2 door can go around, the 4 door has to kinda pound through, but its all good. That's what lockers are for right? Lol. And my thoughts in the pentastar, pulling out of the dealers lot in first.... step on the gas and whoooaa it took offf. I like it.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah I love that turning radius as well. Just something about turning around on your on wheelbase that makes me giggle. But well see how it goes. I'll just be happy when I get the winch and bumper on it.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
2 door vs 4 door ?
lol

its not our fault you had kids !!! why else would anyone want one ?
cept if your part of the partridge family ! or road the minibus when you were a kid , and cant seem to shake it ! 2 door beats a 4door on any given day !
No kids, we just sold our 2 door jk for a 4 door..

It really depends on the type of wheeling and your location..
Old 11-12-2011, 11:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by teeswenka
That's what lockers are for right? Lol
Wait!! what?!? lockers have nothing todo with turning radius, actually it's better not use your lockers when your steering. that's where your axle is weak. you have to be careful. you might know this already but i'm just sayin'

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension
No kids, we just sold our 2 door jk for a 4 door..

It really depends on the type of wheeling and your location..
true. to me, it's more of a preference and cargo space!

you can always stretch a 2dr you just can't shorten a 4dr (well I guess you can, but not easily lol)

Quick Reply: Project-JK's NEW 2012 Dozer JK Unlimited Rubicon - RubiCAT