Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK lil' Nemo Stage 1 - OME Long Travel Kit & 35" MT/R's

Old 06-19-2009, 02:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biff Malibu
The sahara wheels are 18", are those 17 or 18"?
For 2007 those were the base Sahara wheels, the 18" wheels were optional, however they are indeed very uncommon on the Sahara (Happycurmudgeon has them though on his). Around 2008 they made the 18" wheel standard for the Sahara. But it's true, the painted 17" Moab is by far most popular as an upgrade for the X.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
For 2007 those were the base Sahara wheels, the 18" wheels were optional, however they are indeed very uncommon on the Sahara (Happycurmudgeon has them though on his). Around 2008 they made the 18" wheel standard for the Sahara. But it's true, the painted 17" Moab is by far most popular as an upgrade for the X.
I had the 18s on my 07... man I am glad they are gone!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did not know that. I thought all of the saharas were 18's.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker

This is one of my new favorite photos! Your JK is wicked.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:21 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
So you gonna keep the 30 in the front? My 30 has been pretty good to me, but the tiny pinion that it has now from the 5.13s makes me sweat. lol. I am ez on the skinny pedal offroad though. I still can't believe you got that T-case for that. You suck BTW.

Don't blame you fror wanting to leave it kinda stock. She is really petty. Thanks for the replies.
yeah, for now, we are gonna keep the 30 front for now and see how far we can push it before it goes. for sure we will gussett it up with off road evolution c2 gussetts, control arm skids and their magnum's. we'll most likely beef up the axle shafts and re-gear as well when we install arb's.

regarding the t-case, i am sorry to say that it won't be going in this jk after all. if you can believe it, i found a good size crack in our white jk t-case and so it will be getting the new one. i will however try to replace the housing cover on the old one coming off and install it on this jk in the future.

Originally Posted by ej428bj
Beautiful. I like how you used a milmarker winch which has orange on it, goes with the jeep
totally coincidental but yeah, we like the orange on it too

Looks great! Can't wait to see how the MT/Rs work out over the long haul, especially since you wheel your Jeep frequently and hard.
well, you can be sure that we will be posting up our experiences
Old 06-20-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Eddie - Nemo looks awesome
Old 06-20-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Looks great!

Originally Posted by wayoflife

regarding your question, yes, pretty much everything new you see on this jk we got from northridge4x4 - this is their OME LT package. being that i do all my own install (and i would encourage you to do the same), i don't know how much it would cost to have done but, with the right tools, you can easily get this lift and all the other components installed in about 4-6 hours. and, with the money you save doing it yourself, i would imagine you can easily afford to get the right tools and have some change left over.
Great start . . . looks awesome!

Can you be more specific on the "right tools" needed to install this lift? I am very close to pulling the trigger on the same OME HD kit from Dave @ Northridge.

It would be great if I had a list of tools required to do the install myself. Additionally, are there any instructions included and any tips would greatly be appreciated.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:59 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmotorsports81
Eddie - Nemo looks awesome
thanks!

Originally Posted by ShawnJ
Great start . . . looks awesome!

Can you be more specific on the "right tools" needed to install this lift? I am very close to pulling the trigger on the same OME HD kit from Dave @ Northridge.

It would be great if I had a list of tools required to do the install myself. Additionally, are there any instructions included and any tips would greatly be appreciated.
while i will be doing a complete installation write-up on this with all the tools you will need, it may be a few weeks before i have it done. for now, you can click on the write-up below and there is a pretty complete list on it too.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 06-20-2009, 09:18 PM
JK Junkie

gorgeous eddie and cindy
looking great
Old 06-20-2009, 10:34 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
yeah, for now, we are gonna keep the 30 front for now and see how far we can push it before it goes. for sure we will gussett it up with off road evolution c2 gussetts, control arm skids and their magnum's. we'll most likely beef up the axle shafts and re-gear as well when we install arb's.

regarding the t-case, i am sorry to say that it won't be going in this jk after all. if you can believe it, i found a good size crack in our white jk t-case and so it will be getting the new one. i will however try to replace the housing cover on the old one coming off and install it on this jk in the future.
Are you serious??? At least you got a good deal on the case. Will you do me a favor? If you swap the housing on the 241 and the roc trac 241 will you look around in their and note the differences between the two? maybe take some photos of both for study purposes.

Man that really blows. How did you crack the T-case? You have a skid under it don't you? Looking forward to seeing the D30 build up and how far it gets you, since that is what I am rolling. I had my U-joints tacked at my stub shafts to make sure the caps could not twist off, I pulled out the auto locker I had put in with my 5.13s, and I go real ez on my skinny pedal off road. It is far from bulletproof, but is hasn't broken yet (knock on wood). I am super interested in you building the D30, cause I have thought about doing that over buying a D44. You wheel the piss out of your ride and document every stage of what happens, I can;t wait. So far this is the top thing I am excited about on this build. Thanks for "keeping it real" and not buying bolt in D60s or whatever. I plan to go ARB front and rear as well, and don't regret yanking out my aussie at all.

I know you have seen this before (probably done it to your own rig before) But I thought I would show everyone if that is ok. Welded caps:

The Jeep is looking great please keep us up on what you are doing with it!

Quick Reply: Project-JK lil' Nemo Stage 1 - OME Long Travel Kit & 35" MT/R's