Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK lil' Nemo Stage 1 - OME Long Travel Kit & 35" MT/R's

Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the way it looks. It looks like you are running the stock front bump stops without extension, correct?

If so, any concerns about the shocks being over compressed, or rubbing in the front?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it just me, or do those Good Years look narrower than the BFG KM2’s? I know the specs on them appear the same; but they look narrower to me for some reason… Has anyone seen them side by side yet?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh yes!!! i like it pretty clean set up... that winch is a cool one. never seen it before
Old 06-18-2009, 04:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnamg
You mentioned you were going with the ARB rear bar so what Tyre Carrier do you plan on Using?

Lift looks good too
well, for now, i was just going to see if i can add a spacer or relocation bracket and just use the factory carrier. i'd like to see for myself how strong or weak a set up like this really is.

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
I like Orange, A Lot! Let me know what you think of the Nack, and call me if you need ant goodies!

Love ya buuddy
thanks camp, i got the nack and look forward to getting it on!

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
what is on the agenda for the axles, gears, lockers?
definitely the plan is to upgrade the axles with chromo shafts, regear to 5.13's and add ARB's front and rear. as you know, i also found a rubi t-case for cheap and will be adding that on soon too.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:21 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by mkjeep
That's great Eddie! Hopefully I can make next years EJS and meet you and some of the other SoCal peeps. You do a great service to this community and it's well appreciated. Do I see an EVO bolt-on long arm in Lil Nemo's future???
well i sure hope so too. i was bummed that you couldn't make it out this year so i will be counting on seeing you next year for sure.

Originally Posted by Thumper616
Great setup. I'm a big fan of the clean-cut, lift and tires on stock 17" wheels. With a rear bumper (which I know you're doing next), that's exactly how I'd do mine. Is that the OME JK Package Deal setup from Northridge? Minus wheels and tires, looks to be about $2K if I figure it right on their site. From your experience, what's the typical install labor cost on all of that?
i'll be honest and tell you that the plan was originally to get a new set of aftermarket wheels but when we found out that all the ones we wanted were backordered, we started to give the factory sahara wheels a look and we're glad that we did.

regarding your question, yes, pretty much everything new you see on this jk we got from northridge4x4 - this is their OME LT package. being that i do all my own install (and i would encourage you to do the same), i don't know how much it would cost to have done but, with the right tools, you can easily get this lift and all the other components installed in about 4-6 hours. and, with the money you save doing it yourself, i would imagine you can easily afford to get the right tools and have change left over.

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
looks awesome WOL!

really nice setup. how do those MT/Rs ride?

2 things i'm jealous of....

1. milemarker winch
2. arb compressor with tire inflation kit

get some header paint and shoot that exhaust (i know i know... you got other plans )
LOL!! so far so good, the mt/r's ride nicely and i'm eager to test them out on the trail
Old 06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Biff Malibu
The sahara wheels are 18", are those 17 or 18"?
these are the 17" sahara wheels which are essentially the rubicon moab's without the machined finish. the 18" wheels are designed a little differently.

Originally Posted by dburgette
Wow! Are you planning any gussets or control arm skids from EVO? Keep us all posted. Love seeing the upgrades.
yep, that would be the plan

Originally Posted by wantowheel
Pretty sure those are 17's.
yup, what he said

Originally Posted by BadAzGirlsDriveBadAzToyz
w00w, looks great! can't wait to mod my little Nemo, right now she still looks yours in the 1st pic
well, when you do, be sure to post up some pics for us to see
Old 06-18-2009, 04:27 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
you gonna do the flender chop on this one too?
eventually but for now, the plan is to it stockish looking.

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I like the way it looks. It looks like you are running the stock front bump stops without extension, correct?

If so, any concerns about the shocks being over compressed, or rubbing in the front?
good eye, i didn't have any front bumpstops at the time of the lift so i just decided to finish things up until i could get a set. i have them now and will be sure to install them prior to taking this jk out on the trail. without them, i would be very concerned about rubbing and over compressing the coils.

Originally Posted by SteelMastiff
Is it just me, or do those Good Years look narrower than the BFG KM2’s? I know the specs on them appear the same; but they look narrower to me for some reason… Has anyone seen them side by side yet?
they may look narrower but only because they are much taller than the km2's. trust me, i have seen them side by side and they are taller.

Originally Posted by rroberto
oh yes!!! i like it pretty clean set up... that winch is a cool one. never seen it before
the winch is new from mile maker and is all solid state. the control is cool too as it has variable speeds to it.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
definitely the plan is to upgrade the axles with chromo shafts, regear to 5.13's and add ARB's front and rear. as you know, i also found a rubi t-case for cheap and will be adding that on soon too.
So you gonna keep the 30 in the front? My 30 has been pretty good to me, but the tiny pinion that it has now from the 5.13s makes me sweat. lol. I am ez on the skinny pedal offroad though. I still can't believe you got that T-case for that. You suck BTW.

Don't blame you fror wanting to leave it kinda stock. She is really petty. Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Beautiful. I like how you used a milmarker winch which has orange on it, goes with the jeep
Old 06-19-2009, 02:24 AM
JK Jedi

Looks great! Can't wait to see how the MT/Rs work out over the long haul, especially since you wheel your Jeep frequently and hard.

Quick Reply: Project-JK lil' Nemo Stage 1 - OME Long Travel Kit & 35" MT/R's