Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK lil' Nemo Stage 1 - OME Long Travel Kit & 35" MT/R's

Old 06-17-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is on the agenda for the axles, gears, lockers?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's great Eddie! Hopefully I can make next years EJS and meet you and some of the other SoCal peeps. You do a great service to this community and it's well appreciated. Do I see an EVO bolt-on long arm in Lil Nemo's future???
Old 06-17-2009, 09:09 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by mkjeep
That's great Eddie! Hopefully I can make next years EJS and meet you and some of the other SoCal peeps. You do a great service to this community and it's well appreciated. Do I see an EVO bolt-on long arm in Lil Nemo's future???
quick hijack, MK maybe me and you can convoy up there together next year if gas isnt $5 a gallon. If it is I can rent a car dolly and you can pull me.

/hijack over/
Old 06-17-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks awesome

Great setup. I'm a big fan of the clean-cut, lift and tires on stock 17" wheels. With a rear bumper (which I know you're doing next), that's exactly how I'd do mine. Is that the OME JK Package Deal setup from Northridge? Minus wheels and tires, looks to be about $2K if I figure it right on their site. From your experience, what's the typical install labor cost on all of that?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
quick hijack, MK maybe me and you can convoy up there together next year if gas isnt $5 a gallon. If it is I can rent a car dolly and you can pull me.

/hijack over/
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm gonna go, beg, borrow, steal, sell my body. Freakin CC seriously dropped my limit after reserving my room for this past year. Arrgh! Was neverlate and had a whole lotta credit left on it.
I'm goin next year no matter what.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mcnamg
You mentioned you were going with the ARB rear bar so what Tyre Carrier do you plan on Using?

Lift looks good too
The OrFab rear tire carrier might be the logical choice.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
For those of you who are interested, we just completed Stage 1 of our lil' Nemo build and here are some pics of what it looks like now. As you will see, it's now sitting on a set of Old Man Emu HD Coils and Long Travel Shocks and sitting on a set of brand new 35x12.50 Goodyear MT/R's with Kevlar tires. Additional components include JKS front and rear adjustable track bars, Currie Enterprise adjustable upper control arms, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Northridge4x4 rear adjustable sway bar links, Crown extended brakelines front & rear and Spidertrax wheel spacers so that we could run factory 17" Sahara Wheels....

Here are before pics....

And after pics....

For those of you who've noticed, we did throw on a hand-me-down PUREJEEP stubby front bumper and PUREJEEP prototype rock rails and added a brand new Mile Marker v10 winch.....

And, last but not least, we installed a brand new ARB air compressor with tire inflation kit under our hood. I should note that we tested this out over the weekend and it works great!!!

If you would like to see more pics of our new build, click on the link below:

Project-JK lil' Nemo Stage 1 Photo Gallery

While I haven't had a chance to test this setup on the rocks, I have driven it around town and can tell you this. Compared to a stock X, the ride is comfortable yet firm. If anything, I would say that it now feels more like our Rubicon did stock but a bit more responsive. I have had no issues with performance, handling or ESP since installing everything but I will be sure to keep you all up to date if anything comes up.

All the parts you see featured on our JK were acquired from Northridge4x4 and if you're interested in any of them, that's where you can go to buy them.
The sahara wheels are 18", are those 17 or 18"?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Wow! Are you planning any gussets or control arm skids from EVO? Keep us all posted. Love seeing the upgrades.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pretty sure those are 17's.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Jedi

you gonna do the flender chop on this one too?

Quick Reply: Project-JK lil' Nemo Stage 1 - OME Long Travel Kit & 35" MT/R's