Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Project-JK Jeep Gets Full Traction Long Arms Installed!!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:39 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
Eddie ,

Just curious , now that I know the LoD sliders and FT lift are compatible. How well do the LoD sliders function as a step. My wife demanded that I get steps yesterday.
actually, they work very well as a step. they are especially helpful getting my soft top on and off too
Old 02-02-2009, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOL, I see the kit on their site says that it's complete bolt on, does it require any cutting off of the stock mounts or is it something you can do completely without welding/cutting?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Damn Wayoflife you got a baddass rig.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ranwitscissorz
WOL, I see the kit on their site says that it's complete bolt on, does it require any cutting off of the stock mounts or is it something you can do completely without welding/cutting?
I have this lift as well. I can tell you that it is bolt on in the sense that you don't have to weld anything. There is a lot of cutting and grinding. The factory lower control arm mounts have to come off completely and some of the body mount frame brackets have to be modified. It can be done at home, as pignajeep and other have done.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkkat
Gezz Eddie, that thing looks like it would make any trail smooth as glass and keep your jeep on the level. I really do want the full traction long arm kit.
I have one listed in the for sale section!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Thanks, When my wife demanded steps in anticipation of the post lift difficulty of getting in and out, I had to cave in. Now that I know they will work with the FT lift I am definately getting these.
oh shucks - what a great... cough, er, um... what i mean to say is, what a demanding wife

Originally Posted by ranwitscissorz
oh, there is a lot of cutting and grinding involved, just no welding.

Originally Posted by RDY4RKS
I have this lift as well. I can tell you that it is bolt on in the sense that you don't have to weld anything. There is a lot of cutting and grinding. The factory lower control arm mounts have to come off completely and some of the body mount frame brackets have to be modified. It can be done at home, as pignajeep and other have done.
what he said
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

If you can use a grinder and drill you can install this lift... It no different than any other long arm. This one just bolts on.

i'm no mechanic and I did just fine
Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

have they made updates to the kit or is it the same as it always was, specifically, the way the front arms attach near the frame...looks like they raised them somehow?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by skeptic
have they made updates to the kit or is it the same as it always was, specifically, the way the front arms attach near the frame...looks like they raised them somehow?
they changed the cross member from the early models, it has more clearance.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:42 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Eddie,

I forgot to ask you, did you take off the M.O.R.E. 1 inch body lift ??
Looks like it, its not in your signature anymore.
yes, after installing the coilovers, i decided that the extra space was no longer needed and so i removed it. i like a low COG

Quick Reply: The Project-JK Jeep Gets Full Traction Long Arms Installed!!