Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 2: Rear EVO Lever

Old 03-29-2009, 10:49 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Eddie....just curious, can you tell me in YOUR words...without sounding like the EVO web site description what this has allowed Project JK to do that it could not before? It's a serious departure from a standard suspension. I get the wheel travel....and the not having to cut the Jeep for longer shocks. This is the damndest thing I ever saw. How does it ride on the road?
honestly, the huge amount of wheel travel that you can get and by virtue of it, the stability that it offers is the single biggest reason why i wanted to get this setup. regarding the horizontal positioning of the coil-overs and the use of cantilevers, it is my understanding that this is the only practical way to make things work and work well. as far as on road performance goes, in my opinion, it rides and handles better than stock and is cadillac smooth.

LOL!! looks like WOLette beat me to it.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is just insanely amazing flex
Old 03-30-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAZORBACK
I was wondering about this too. I would like to see more pics of it.

I was wondering what "Integrated competition tuned sway bar system included" means. It has that listed on their website stating it comes with the kit? Maybe they changed that?

Fits all Jeep Wrangler’s 07+, 2 Door and 4 Door
• Allows the uses of long travel coilover shocks in the rear of your JK without the need for doing any major cutting.
• Absolutely no cutting of the body.
• Bolt on system
• Offers up to 14” of vertical wheel travel
• Optimizes Short Arm and Long Arm suspension system, from every manufacturer without modification. (Rancho Long Arm needs modification)
• Adjustable ride height
• Four Ply limit strap included.
• Integrated competition tuned sway bar system included.
• Ύ inch chromoly heim joints.
• Stainless steel misalignments
• Grade 8 hardware
• Allows for use of 35” up to 42” tires (Larger than 37: Body Trimming required)
• Use of most major manufactures off the shelf coilover’s

Note: Exhaust modifications required

OPTIONS (choose below)
• EVO Lever Skid Plate - sold separately
• 2.0 Diameter King Prerunner Series Coilovers - sold separately
Good find. I think Mel needs to clarify if the sway bar is included or not. I got the optional skid plate when I bought my kit, but no sway bar. The guys at SLC who did the install are saying I have to purchase the sway bar. I am not sure what is going on, but I would think that if ORE's website says the sway bar is included then it should be.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RDY4RKS
Good find. I think Mel needs to clarify if the sway bar is included or not. I got the optional skid plate when I bought my kit, but no sway bar. The guys at SLC who did the install are saying I have to purchase the sway bar. I am not sure what is going on, but I would think that if ORE's website says the sway bar is included then it should be.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. SLC was completing your setup as they were starting on mine. Sweet rig buy the way! Wish you were going to Moab with us.
I just found an old post that said it was decided not to include the sway bar due to trying to keep the cost low, which I understand. I just wish they would update the website because it's kind of misleading. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do or if I'm gonna have time to order the sway bar(that I thought I had already bought) and install it before I leave for Moab. Oh well, I'll see Mel in Moab. Maybe he'll have an extra one with him.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Evo Coilovers=Awesome

I'm not Eddie but maybe I can give you some more real world feedback. I just had the Evo Coilovers and Lever installed. I made a 500 mile round trip this weekend and the ride is truly amazing. I had a pretty good ride before with the setup I was running, but the Evo System totally blows it out of the water. I'm a pretty skeptical person, but after 5 minutes on these horribly maintained highways in Louisiana, with endless crosslevel, horrible grade, potholes, 3-8 inch drop-offs from uneven highway panels, I was convinced I had made the right decision. I have to drive my own 22 mile version of the Baja 1000 everyday to work, and this system totally soaks up all of the imperfections in the highway. Of course you've seen all of Eddie's and other's pictures of how it flexes so there is no doubt it outperforms offroad. If you're on the fence, go for it.

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Eddie....just curious, can you tell me in YOUR words...without sounding like the EVO web site description what this has allowed Project JK to do that it could not before? It's a serious departure from a standard suspension. I get the wheel travel....and the not having to cut the Jeep for longer shocks. This is the damndest thing I ever saw. How does it ride on the road?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflifette
I'm not Eddie....but....I'll answer anyway.

In my opinion the single best thing the EVO coilover setup has given us is stability! Because of the extreme articulation we can now keep all tires on the ground and with the body of the jeep remaining relatively level.

Here are a couple photos...same obstacle, one with a standard 4" coil lift and ours with the EVO Flex system. The 1st jeep can't keep all tires on the ground and so it is off balance while our jeep (with all tires on the ground) remains stable and level.

Hanging a tire and not as stable:

All 4 on the ground and perfectly stable:

Also, the on-road ride is excellent...very smooth.

AWESOME comparison! You summed it up perfectly, wayoflifette. Thanks! I bet Eddie can't even find the Jeep keys without you, can he????
Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! looks like WOLette beat me to it.
Yeah she did. She's on the ball. Now......what's your excuse????

Seriously, that suspension is slap insane. Somebody had some serious imagination to come up with that. The thing is, it's not just something different, it's something different that WORKS.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Jedi

I'm not Eddie but maybe I can give you some more real world feedback. I just had the Evo Coilovers and Lever installed. I made a 500 mile round trip this weekend and the ride is truly amazing. I had a pretty good ride before with the setup I was running, but the Evo System totally blows it out of the water. I'm a pretty skeptical person, but after 5 minutes on these horribly maintained highways in Louisiana, with endless crosslevel, horrible grade, potholes, 3-8 inch drop-offs from uneven highway panels, I was convinced I had made the right decision. I have to drive my own 22 mile version of the Baja 1000 everyday to work, and this system totally soaks up all of the imperfections in the highway. Of course you've seen all of Eddie's and other's pictures of how it flexes so there is no doubt it outperforms offroad. If you're on the fence, go for it.
No you ain't Eddie, but you sho nuff added some valuable input. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering about this too. I would like to see more pics of it.

I was wondering what "Integrated competition tuned sway bar system included" means. It has that listed on their website stating it comes with the kit? Maybe they changed that?

Fits all Jeep Wrangler’s 07+, 2 Door and 4 Door
• Allows the uses of long travel coilover shocks in the rear of your JK without the need for doing any major cutting.
• Absolutely no cutting of the body.
• Bolt on system
• Offers up to 14” of vertical wheel travel
• Optimizes Short Arm and Long Arm suspension system, from every manufacturer without modification. (Rancho Long Arm needs modification)
• Adjustable ride height
• Four Ply limit strap included.
• Integrated competition tuned sway bar system included.
• Ύ inch chromoly heim joints.
• Stainless steel misalignments
• Grade 8 hardware
• Allows for use of 35” up to 42” tires (Larger than 37: Body Trimming required)
• Use of most major manufactures off the shelf coilover’s

Note: Exhaust modifications required

OPTIONS (choose below)
• EVO Lever Skid Plate - sold separately
• 2.0 Diameter King Prerunner Series Coilovers - sold separately
Sorry for the typo on the website. We will get it fixed.

It is an optional integraded swaybar.

This is a 4140 heat treated swaybar with billet aluminum arms.

Sorry for the confusion.

EVO...
Old 03-30-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for straightening that out. Is the swaybar listed on your website? If not, how can I order it?

Originally Posted by evolution
Sorry for the typo on the website. We will get it fixed.

It is an optional integraded swaybar.

This is a 4140 heat treated swaybar with billet aluminum arms.

Sorry for the confusion.

EVO...

Quick Reply: Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 2: Rear EVO Lever