Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 2: Rear EVO Lever

Old 09-04-2008, 05:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by coachfb6821
So, I dont think this has been asked or not, but can you go from stock to the full EVO suspension? Or would that require a ton more aftermarket items? (beyond drive shafts/ skids/ etc)
absolutely and this really is the biggest reason for me posting this. before, to get this much flex, you would have to get a long arm kit. now, you can get this much flex and a great ride to boot with little more than adjustable control arms and the EVO system installed. heck, if you have an unlimited, you can even keep the factory rear drive shaft and if you have a 6-speed, most likely the front as well. needless to say, if you already have a good short arm kit with adjustable control arms, this route should be a much more appealing option especially when you consider how much something like an RE long arm kit costs and how much more flex you would get over it
Old 09-04-2008, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why dosent offroad evolution just offer a full kit like that with diffrent options?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:47 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by PONCH
Why dosent offroad evolution just offer a full kit like that with diffrent options?
their goal from the begining was to offer a high end performance system that could work with any long arm kit. doing it this way was just a crazy test that i decided to help them do just to see how it would work. while they had an idea that the performance you would get with this setup would be good, i don't think anyone realized just how good it would really be. needless to say, i have no doubts that some kind of package will be available in the near future and after talking to david at northridge4x4, i know he's working on putting some kind of package together now.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

WOL -

So I could get the bolt-on EVO kits and the Adjustable control arm kit from say Teraflex and be done? This seems too good to be true....someone pinch me....i must be dreaming....

Now where did i put that money tree damn it?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:31 AM
JK-Forum Founder

WOL -

So I could get the bolt-on EVO kits and the Adjustable control arm kit from say Teraflex and be done? This seems too good to be true....someone pinch me....i must be dreaming....

Now where did i put that money tree damn it?
you're not dreaming and yes, it really is true. that's pretty much what i did however, i should add that you will need a front track bar drop bracket, dropped pitman arm and longer break lines to accomodate your huge flex
Old 09-04-2008, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
their goal from the begining was to offer a high end performance system that could work with any long arm kit. doing it this way was just a crazy test that i decided to help them do just to see how it would work. while they had an idea that the performance you would get with this setup would be good, i don't think anyone realized just how good it would really be. needless to say, i have no doubts that some kind of package will be available in the near future and after talking to david at northridge4x4, i know he's working on putting some kind of package together now.
I would hope so, you see what kind of response your getting here about the kit. Offering a complete kit is a no brainer!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Ok, last question...and probably aimed more toward the ORE guys....

Will it fit a 2 Dr?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:41 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Ok, last question...and probably aimed more toward the ORE guys....

Will it fit a 2 Dr?
you will need to get a new rear u-joint style drive shaft (and front if you have an auto) but otherwise, it sure will
Old 09-04-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Nice!

(I had already planned on driveshafts after the first lift thread on a two dr)
Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
heck, if you have an unlimited, you can even keep the factory rear drive shaft and if you have a 6-speed, most likely the front as well. needless to say, if you already have a good short arm kit with adjustable control arms, this route should be a much more appealing option especially when you consider how much something like an RE long arm kit costs and how much more flex you would get over it
This is great news. Now if EVO was only closer....sigh

Quick Reply: Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 2: Rear EVO Lever