Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 1: Front Coil Overs

Old 09-02-2008, 05:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 505JK
It would be good to see at what point the radius arm suspension does bind up at. If you put the same shocks on the RE fit, the coils might fall out too?
if i recall correctly, the joints on the RE kit start to bind with as little as 7" of droop. does this mean that it won't go further than that? not at all, you can force your axle to droop more but at the cost to the bushings - given enough force, the mounts they are attached to as well.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
if you want, i can post up the complete interview from sema of them trying to sell the idea of why little to no flex is what you want.
as mentioned, the RE kit is a quality product and will flex - just not as well as a smiliar 4-link setup and from what i can see, right out of the box, not any better than a short arm setup with the EVO coilovers.
Eddie, luv ya and all but I just wanted to come in and bust your chops a little

IMO, I think a bunch of people are just up in arms because of the above statement and people feeling the need to defend RE.

Me, I'm just enjoying seeing all these swank set ups. How much is one of my kidneys worth in todays market?

Wish I had gone long arm to begin with :(
Old 09-02-2008, 08:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Major Ho
Eddie, luv ya and all but I just wanted to come in and bust your chops a little

IMO, I think a bunch of people are just up in arms because of the above statement and people feeling the need to defend RE.

Me, I'm just enjoying seeing all these swank set ups. How much is one of my kidneys worth in todays market?

Wish I had gone long arm to begin with :(
chops busted!!

seriously, i hear what you're saying and hope you and everyone can understand that i am simply stating my opinions and as much as possible, trying to back them up with proof. was my "little to no flex" comment an exaggeration? maybe to you but that's the way i, as in me personally, see it. certainly, you don't have to like the things i say or even agree with them and as you can see with all the people who have gotten "up in arms" and felt the need to "defend RE", they all have their opinions as well and i welcome it.

(BTW: i have edited the post in question to more accurately depict what was being said.)

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-02-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
JK-Forum Founder

i hope this isn't too much to ask but would it be possible to agree to disagree about the whole RE long arm kit thing and get back on topic? i mean, if you love your RE long arm kit, wonderful. if you enjoy the flex it gives you, even better - i'm sincerely happy for you.

since it seems to have been lost, this thread was originally created to highlight the Off Road Evolution EVO coilover system and what it can offer you even with a good set of short arms. Once again, based on what I have seen, it is MY OPINION that it offers just as much flex as most long arm kits and in MY OPINION, more so than a long arm kit with radius arms right out of the box. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION and i have done what i can to try to back it up with what i consider to be the best possible photos i could take to enforce it. certainly, you don't have to agree with it or even like it.

as a reminder, we just posted Part-2 of the EVO system install and it can now be seen here:

Off Road Evolution Rear EVO Lever System

Old 09-04-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, on topic question. How much space is there between the EVO lever rear and the trunk? I have the Woods tub and want to know if I would have to rework that if I decided to go this route.

Just realized that I should probably be posting this in the part 2 section so I guess it is not strictly "on topic".
Old 09-05-2008, 05:23 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by ChewyGranola
Ok, on topic question. How much space is there between the EVO lever rear and the trunk? I have the Woods tub and want to know if I would have to rework that if I decided to go this route.

Just realized that I should probably be posting this in the part 2 section so I guess it is not strictly "on topic".
LOL!! that's okay. in answer to your question, let me ask you how much further down does your trunk drop down below stock? let me know and i can check for you.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

LOL!! that's okay. in answer to your question, let me ask you how much further down does your trunk drop down below stock? let me know and i can check for you.
The tub goes about 3/4s of an inch past the sway bar.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looking at the pics at first it was kinda hard to tell but it now looks to me that the tub would be in the way of the shocks.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Question ?

Quick question. Does the EVO-Flex system work with 3" lift kits?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice set up there WOL. you have one heck of a beast!!

Quick Reply: Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 1: Front Coil Overs