Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 1: Front Coil Overs

Old 08-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Notice how far my 37's drop in the front and stuffed in the rear fenderwell. Now if I had the Evo Levers on it .

Last edited by TeraFlex; 08-28-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehh heh......
Old 08-28-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I'm now sold on going with a 4 link long arm kit. But which one? I know FT makes a killer kit but there are others on the market. I will certainly go with coil-overs on the front but I don't know if I will ever go with the rear (evo-lever) set up. Others I am considering are BDS and Teraflex. Anyone seen these long arm kits in person. The TF kit looks like the upper arms are a little on the short side (from what I remember of seeing a pic). Suggestions? Other thoughts? Donations?

Ty
Old 08-28-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

You cant go wrong with any ones you mentioned,
i've rode in a FT long arm, its very smooth. Its very heavy duty and it'll take a beating...

With the two door, your really going to feel the ride smooth out.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 08-28-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TSmith0820
The TF kit looks like the upper arms are a little on the short side (from what I remember of seeing a pic). Suggestions? Other thoughts? Donations?

Ty
They are not as long as the lowers that's for sure. But you can tell from my pics that the kit works awesome!!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK one really nice feature of the Teraflex kits are that when you want to upgrade and go higher or change from a short arm kit to a longarm kit you can purchase only the parts you NEED to upgrade you don't have to go and buy a ENTIRE kit and end up with a bunch of duplicate parts you don't need!

As for flex look at this..... This is my 2008 Rubicon Unlimited with the Teraflex 3" lift with the stock wheels and tires. This kit is using the stock arms! That's impressive! Now imagine what it will do with a Long Arm kit....

I now have 35" and quite simply I could not be happier! Looks good rides great much better than stock. It's is a great feeling that when I want to upgrade down the road. I can with just the parts I NEED...

I have to say Eddie that I tip my hat to you for taking that big of a step. There is only one downfall...Your now locked in.. There is no changing back, and your choices are now limited. But that is what makes Jeeps so much fun we can all go in different directions and still have the same passion in the end!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010103.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	12341   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010136.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	12342  
Old 08-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whpony96
OK one really nice feature of the Teraflex kits are that when you want to upgrade and go higher or change from a short arm kit to a longarm kit you can purchase only the parts you NEED to upgrade you don't have to go and buy a ENTIRE kit and end up with a bunch of duplicate parts you don't need!

As for flex look at this..... This is my 2008 Rubicon Unlimited with the Teraflex 3" lift with the stock wheels and tires. This kit is using the stock arms! That's impressive! Now imagine what it will do with a Long Arm kit....

I now have 35" and quite simply I could not be happier! Looks good rides great much better than stock. It's is a great feeling that when I want to upgrade down the road. I can with just the parts I NEED...

I have to say Eddie that I tip my hat to you for taking that big of a step. There is only one downfall...Your now locked in.. There is no changing back, and your choices are now limited. But that is what makes Jeeps so much fun we can all go in different directions and still have the same passion in the end!
Curious to know what you mean by limited? With the EVO System you are actually NOT limited by any means. Eddie along with others that have our system still have the exact same ability to switch from a Short Arm to Long Arm or vice versa (of any manufacturer, except Rancho Long Arm) as they would with any standard system.

Furthermore, we think that by adding the EVO system, your limitations are actually greatly decreased as a hole.

With the addition of the EVO system, the owner can adjust ride height without the need of purchasing any additional parts, simply requires standard tools. In addtion, with the EVO system the owner has practially infinite possibilities of available spring rates. Standard systems give you a box of springs and that is your choice. Also with the addition of the EVO system there is the ability to infinitely adjust the damping ratio of the shock abosorber to your liking, stiffer, harder etc.

To my knowledge there are no other systems out there that give you both of these possibilities and the ability to run you favorite manufactures suspension system of any kind, long arm or short, or stock control arms for that matter, not to mention the additional on and off road performance.

To us, this "is what makes Jeeps so much fun we can all go in different directions and still have the same passion in the end!"

All in one system!!!

EVO...
Old 08-29-2008, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Well said EVO. Now if it wasn't such a long drive from Michigan to California.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 505JK
For a long arm vs long arm comparison, this is a picture of AdamORW's JK with a FT long arm kit. It a very good example of what WOL is trying to articulate.

More info: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/full-traction-long-arm-kit-action-pics-49840/

If I remember correctly, he is using 14" travel shocks.

Originally Posted by wayoflife
see, now that's FLEX!!
Originally Posted by Eracer76
I understand what WOL is trying to say, but If I had 14" travel shocks, mine would drop that far too....look how far his front coil is falling out of the seat...about 2.5" amost enough to remove the coil on the trail

I still have the RE shocks that came with my kit and my coils only unseat about .25" which is only enough to wiggle it around, not take it out
Wayoflife, will you please address this issue? The picture sure seems to be a bit deceiving when you consider what Eracer has said.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

he's wheeling all weekend..

Quick Reply: Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 1: Front Coil Overs