Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK EVO Flex w/Short Arms RTI Scores - Read 'em and Weep!!

Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been on a RTI ramp before but I figured you would go up the ramp straight and not have the vehicle at an angle as pictured. I would imagine it doesn't matter but it seems that being at an angle would make your wheelbase shorter. The wheelbase you use for the calculation doesn't change, though? Are there rules about how you go up the ramp?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldfire
I've never been on a RTI ramp before but I figured you would go up the ramp straight and not have the vehicle at an angle as pictured. I would imagine it doesn't matter but it seems that being at an angle would make your wheelbase shorter. The wheelbase you use for the calculation doesn't change, though? Are there rules about how you go up the ramp?
fair question and yes, to a degree, it would make a little difference but not enough to really matter (plus or minus an inch or two off the total wheel base length). unfortunately, getting up a ramp isn't always as easy as you would think and a slight margine of error can be expected - but, not enough to make that big of a difference over all. we tried this several times to try and get it as close as we could and as you can clearly see in the first set of pics, we did get it straight up and at street pressure.

and, with this, we scored 1033.47 which is still a 46% gain over stock. aired down, we didn't get up as straight but took the best measurement we could and produced numbers based off of it. either way, even at street pressure and exactly straight up, we killed the factory score as well as long arm kits such as the one made by RE.

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-23-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coldfire
Also if your ramp angle is less than 30 degrees (30 degree ramp pictured above) your other tire may also come up the ramp which will be a false positive score as lots of rigs can ride up a ramp on TWO tires. This of course is only a problem on the longer lower degree ramps. You want a GOOD spotter to pull you off to one side and approach it from a slight angle to keep 3 tires on the concrete and only one on the ramp. There is very little you can do to cheat the score (probably nothing) but airing down and disconnecting are always going to give you the best RTI score.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow - that's cool. I'm tempted to try my own Rubi on the ramp just to see it at full flex.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
their bumper tire carrier hitting the wall was preventing them from going back any further but the RTI score they got was:

20° Ramp at 30psi = 1348.56

I should remind you that they are running 40" tires at street pressure. As you know, tire size and psi will make a significant difference in scoring.

That's just ridiculous.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:21 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by AussieJK
will this set up work on rhd models,
relocation brackets dont fit on rhd models will just adjustable track bar work
i see no reason why not. up front, it would be nice to address your track bar/drag link but i'm sure something could be fabbed up by whoever does the install. otherwise, everything in the back can go either way.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

we don't have rocks big enough in TX to justify that setup ...seeing pics like this, I soon realize just how far behind the curve I am with my humble little lift
Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice score, but the purpose of a long arm kit isnt really just for articulation. Its to prevent other bad things, such as the massive rear stear seen in these photos.

With that said, I love the coil over setup, especially the horizontal coil over setup in back. Do you guys plan on putting long arms with this same setup on, and then measure again?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Stuka
Nice score, but the purpose of a long arm kit isnt really just for articulation. Its to prevent other bad things, such as the massive rear stear seen in these photos.

With that said, I love the coil over setup, especially the horizontal coil over setup in back. Do you guys plan on putting long arms with this same setup on, and then measure again?
yep, that's been the plan all along and this was just a test to see how it the evo flex would work with short arms. and, while i would agree there's a lot more to long arms than just increased articulation, the arms on the JK are quite long and i simply have not seen the problems you would expect to see with this much flex. regarding the photo, sure there is some rear steer but it's far from being a "bad thing" or, at least, it hasn't been for me. either way, i'm glad to have had the experience and look forward to following up with things once we get our long arm kit on.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great write up WOL but, I am curious about the test documentation.
Shouldn't there be a space on the test sheet stating the tire pressure. I mean no offense but, if I was just looking at the documentation (without your commentary) I wouldn't know why the difference in numbers! Just my 2 cents

The printout on the left is what we were seeing with 26psi in our tires and the printout on the right is what we were seeing with 10 psi....

20° Ramp w/26psi = 1033.47 (46% gain over stock)
20° Ramp w/10psi = 1146.90 (62% gain over stock)

30° Ramp w/26psi = 706.90
30° Ramp w/10psi = 784.48

Quick Reply: Project-JK EVO Flex w/Short Arms RTI Scores - Read 'em and Weep!!