Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK EVO Flex w/Short Arms RTI Scores - Read 'em and Weep!!

Old 09-21-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
well, it sure looks like you're coming close. certainly, you're doing a lot better than some long arm kits already!
Thanks a lot WOL. If you get a chance check this post out. THere was a lot of flexing on everything from other jeep tires to ramps to a smashed car we drove over for a fundraiser. Great time.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/we-crushed-car-weekend-our-jeeps-55515/
Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Thanks a lot WOL. If you get a chance check this post out. THere was a lot of flexing on everything from other jeep tires to ramps to a smashed car we drove over for a fundraiser. Great time.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55515
just checked it out - awesome pics!! good times and for a good cause
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are some great shots. I didn't realize there would be that much of a difference aired down but it makes perfect sense!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
just checked it out - awesome pics!! good times and for a good cause
Thanks, got a little JK-FORUM.COM publicity too, peeps were asking about the ARMED FORCES jk-forum.com sticker!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have yet to find the pictures from Trail Jamaboree in WA. but RubyDoo scored a 980 on a 23 degree ramp with 32 psi and i am sure with 10 or 12 psi she could get a 1000.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Thanks, got a little JK-FORUM.COM publicity too, peeps were asking about the ARMED FORCES jk-forum.com sticker!
very cool!!

Originally Posted by jkkat
I have yet to find the pictures from Trail Jamaboree in WA. but RubyDoo scored a 980 on a 23 degree ramp with 32 psi and i am sure with 10 or 12 psi she could get a 1000.
short wheel base jeeps and 35's will give you a nice score indeed - good job
Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOL,
I am impressed with this setup. I am debating to upgrade to front coilovers. (currently run teraflex long arm with 6" lift/ 12"shocks)
You mentioned you have your lift set at ~4.5-5" of lift using 12" front coil overs. My question is...if I used 14" coilovers with this set up do you know what the minimum lift I could obtain. i.e. is there enough adustment in the coilover to allow for the added 2" of length without having to increase lift to 6.5-7". Would I still have any up travel?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:32 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by 6th_jeep
WOL,
I am impressed with this setup. I am debating to upgrade to front coilovers. (currently run teraflex long arm with 6" lift/ 12"shocks)
You mentioned you have your lift set at ~4.5-5" of lift using 12" front coil overs. My question is...if I used 14" coilovers with this set up do you know what the minimum lift I could obtain. i.e. is there enough adustment in the coilover to allow for the added 2" of length without having to increase lift to 6.5-7". Would I still have any up travel?
oh man, are you kidding me? being that you have the TF long arm kit, you most definitely can run 14" coilovers (max you can run before you have issues with driveline bind) and it is recommended by Off Road Evolution. with this setup, you can still get a minimum lift about 5"-6" just like what i have now. Off Road Evolution is pretty much running this exact setup (except with an FT long arm kit) and 40's and their JK sits just a bit taller than mine and only because of the taller tires.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is their JK scoring?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by PONCH
What is their JK scoring?
their bumper tire carrier hitting the wall was preventing them from going back any further but the RTI score they got was:

20° Ramp at 30psi = 1348.56

I should remind you that they are running 40" tires at street pressure. As you know, tire size and psi will make a significant difference in scoring.

Quick Reply: Project-JK EVO Flex w/Short Arms RTI Scores - Read 'em and Weep!!