Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK EVO Flex w/Short Arms RTI Scores - Read 'em and Weep!!

Old 09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOL, I'm impressed. You are a man that loves to prove his point. And prove it you did. That setup is awsome. What could I expect to spend, start to finish for a setup like this? I don't have aftermarket control arms or track bars, so I'd have to factor in those costs as well. Could I still use my stock drive shafts? What is the total lift height? Is it adjustable?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:06 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by whtIwrk4
WOL, I'm impressed. You are a man that loves to prove his point. And prove it you did. That setup is awsome. What could I expect to spend, start to finish for a setup like this? I don't have aftermarket control arms or track bars, so I'd have to factor in those costs as well. Could I still use my stock drive shafts? What is the total lift height? Is it adjustable?
The EVO Front Coilovers only cost $500 and the Rear EVO Lever $1990. if you go with King Shocks, you can expect to pay about $2000, that'll put you at $4490. The rear EVO Lever is available as a bolt in kit and it can be installed yourself so long as you have a drill and grinder - the front coilovers need to be welded and if you don't have the skills, you will need to have it done at a shop. Every shop would be a bit different but it really shouldn't cost more than a long arm kit install.

If you don't have control arms, front track bar relocation bracket, front adjustable track bar or extended brakelines, you will need to get them in order to complete this setup. As far as drive shafts go, if you have an automatic you will need a new front double cardin u-joint style shaft but this is true of any 3" or taller lift. Being that you have an Unlimited, you will not need a new rear drive shaft.

Regarding total lift height, the coilovers are completely adjustable and you can make it whatever height you want it to be. For me, I have mine setup at about 4.5"-5". At this height, I have the clearnace I need to for 37's and can keep my COG low.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Looks like I'd better start saving.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

WOW! guess I better start saving.. lots of places I could use that around here.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:40 PM
JK Super Freak

WOW, very impressive!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, I just ran the RTI ramp today. I scored a 706 (23* ramp) with the tires at 35 psi (did not air down). this is the equivalent to 807 on a 20 degree ramp and I didnt even air down!

Last edited by JulietKilo; 09-20-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Rubi Russ
WOW! guess I better start saving.. lots of places I could use that around here.
oh yeah, with the EVO flex system on your JK, you'll be able to keep them tires on the floor

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
WOW, very impressive!
so, is this officially on your to do list now?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:16 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Cool, I just ran the RTI ramp today. I scored a 706 (23* ramp) with the tires at 35 psi (did not air down). this is the equivalent to 807 on a 20 degree ramp and I didnt even air down!
not bad at all and all that without a long arm kit - very cool
Old 09-21-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
not bad at all and all that without a long arm kit - very cool
Thanks WOL, you always have the best posts. Just wanted to see if I could keep up with the big boys. Slowly but surely (money = brickwall).

This flex thing is an obsession for me. Short of owning a coilover setup I want to keep pushing the limits of the stock control arms.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:04 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Thanks WOL, you always have the best posts. Just wanted to see if I could keep up with the big boys. Slowly but surely (money = brickwall).

This flex thing is an obsession for me. Short of owning a coilover setup I want to keep pushing the limits of the stock control arms.
well, it sure looks like you're coming close. certainly, you're doing a lot better than some long arm kits already!

Quick Reply: Project-JK EVO Flex w/Short Arms RTI Scores - Read 'em and Weep!!