Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project About Damn Time

Old 10-09-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project About Damn Time

Ok so long story short, back in July 09 I bought an 04' TJ. In Jan 10' my GF and I got t-boned by a guy who blew a red light, TJ was totaled. We both walked away unharmed and I made out with $4000 more then I paid for the jeep.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

3 weeks later after nonstop searching I find a 2008 2door X, with 9k miles and both tops at a VW dealer. They were asking $24k, and seeing as I have my 01'XJ to drive I figured I'd offer $18k and see what happened. To my amazement they agreed!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

So after nearly a year or reseach and studying I closed my eyes and hit multiple "PLACE ORDER" buttons hahahaha

As the JK sits now:
Body Armor High Clearance Bumper with homemade skid
2 KC Slimlites
Roll Cage mounted HI-LIFT
Hella Twin Super Horn Kit
Daystar Switch Panel
Teraflex Grab Handles

New Toy List:
Rock Krawler 2.5'' Mod Lift
Full Traction Shocks
Off Road Evolution EVO C2 Axle Gussets
JKS Adjustable Rear Trackbar
Rough Country Sway Bar Disconnects
Crown Extended Brake Lines
35x12.50R15 Goodyear Wrangler MTRs w/Kevlar
15x8 Cragar Soft 8s

One night this week Im mounting the tires, and hopefully saturday we can do the lift!

Many more pics to come!!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Looking good. So I guess it came with the forum decals? Any idea of the UserID of the previous owner (anyone)?
Old 10-09-2010, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

hey sry I forgot to mention i put those decals on
Old 10-09-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Congrats man, I have the exact same thing in black, youre gonna love it Welcome back to the family
Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

thanks man, i loved coming home from work to see a bunch of boxes on the porch with thos 35s stacked high haha. the ups man the day after was like "are you kidding me w those things!!" hes been dropping off huge jeep toys off at my place for yrs
Old 10-09-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gamble3527
thanks man, i loved coming home from work to see a bunch of boxes on the porch with thos 35s stacked high haha. the ups man the day after was like "are you kidding me w those things!!" hes been dropping off huge jeep toys off at my place for yrs
Haha visits from Brown Santa are the best, even when you already know exaaccttyllyyy what it is, its still exciting. I cant think of a singler person who isnt excited when that big brown truck rolls up.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

i love brown santa haha.....unfortunatly its gonna be a while before he visits again haha

although my GF has hinted at getting me gear sets for xmas!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gamble3527
i love brown santa haha.....unfortunatly its gonna be a while before he visits again haha

although my GF has hinted at getting me gear sets for xmas!!!
Dont worry too much, its ben over a year since Ive got to order stuff offline, Ive made a few things of my own but Id really like a new lift or fenders
Old 10-09-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

yea i hear ya, i actually wish i had a welder and some air tools because that would totally help out in the long run. I really like the bumper you fab'd up it looks sick.
Figure a good welder and some cutting and grinding tools would help cut the cost of a bumper/carrier combo down alot
Old 10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First, glad to hear you are both okay after a hit like that. And second, sweet deal dude nice rig and look forward to seeing more pics as you make it your own!

Quick Reply: Project About Damn Time